website statistics

Naturalized Athletes at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Just now, heywoodu said:

Well of course not every case of naturalized athletes is cheating :d 

But yeah, countries like Bahrain or Azerbaijan who practically get their entire teams together like this...no thanks. 

i don't blame small countries who can barely qualify anyone

but countries with big population and even bigger amount of money are shame....instead to invest in their sport trying to improve their own athletes, they do sopping around the world :spank:

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Athletics, men's triple jump: Fabian Florant - Born in Dominica, representing the Netherlands

So you stole an athlete from small Dominica? :bones::d

I don't think we will have any naturalized athlete this time (we had 4 in 2012). :mumble:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Representing Argentina: 

Alexandra Keresztesi, Canoeing K-4 500 - Hungarian

Iryna Khokhlova, Modern Pentathlon - Ukrainian (not qualified yet, but will for sure)

Argentines that will represent other nations:

Cesar De Cesare, Canoeing K-1 200 - represents Ecuador

Valentin Verga, Hockey - represents The Netherlands

Matias Buhler, Sailing Nacra 17 - represents Switzerland

Gonzalo Echenique, Waterpolo - represents Spain

I don’t think this thread needs to be made. While some nations and athletes should be looked down at buying/selling their nationality the vast majority that get targeted are immigrants which came before they even began taking the sport seriously or athletes whose parents or grand-parents were citizens of that nation. Quite often things turn into a witch hunt. Look at what happened in 2012 with “Plastic Brits” issue.

We have one nationalized athlete who also represented Iran back in 2008 and 2012. rules in Iran are quite strict about getting citizenship, it's really hard to naturalize anybody even if our federations want it ! This girl (Leyla Rajabi) got the citizenship through marriage long time ago

list of Iranians representing other countries and I'm talking only about athletes who represented Iran NT before, not Iranians born and raised outside the country or moved in a young age.

Sabah Shariati - Wrestling Azerbaijan

Saman Tahmasebi - Wrestling Azerbaijan

Milad Beigi - Taekwondo Azerbaijan

Raheleh Asemani - Taekwondo Beligum or Refugee team

Edited by MHSN

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I don’t think this thread needs to be made. While some nations and athletes should be looked down at buying/selling their nationality the vast majority that get targeted are immigrants which came before they even began taking the sport seriously or athletes whose parents or grand-parents were citizens of that nation. Quite often things turn into a witch hunt. Look at what happened in 2012 with “Plastic Brits” issue.

I was coming in this thread to say almost exactly the same thing. I think this thread is rather inappropriate. 

SVK:

not official but apparently we will have 1 naturalized athlete in Rio. Wang Yang (Table Tennis - Chinese)

There also still 1 trying to qualify - Soslan Gagloev (Freestyle wrestling - Russian) he will have his last chance on Sunday, unfortunately István Lévai (Grecoroman wrestling - Hungarian) isn´t allowed to compete tomorrow during the last qualifying tournament. so that´s all for us..

for born Slovakian representing other nations..

Michal Iždinský (Water polo - France) and Lukáš Diviš (Volleyball - Russia) are in the large rosters of their teams for Rio Preparation camps.

also there a decent chance to qualify for a K1 canoe slalom racer Marcel Potočný (Hungary), and do not know what is the current ranking situation with Jarmila Gajdošová (Tennis - Australia)