web
analytics
Sindo

Totallympics Results Collection

On 01/01/2020 at 14:12, heywoodu said:

Exactly what I meant. For example, biathlon world championships of last season, men's sprint:

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1819/BT/SWRL/CH__/SMSP/BT_C73B_1.0.pdf

I timed it and it took around 10 seconds to find this PDF, mostly because of waiting time while the page was loading :p I don't really see why it would be needed to copy all that stuff and paste it in here (even worse if the nation codes are replaced with flags, so one can't Ctrl + F). Just save the PDF in case IBU removes it years later and there you go (although in this case it won't be necessary because surely it'll always be on Wikipedia :p )

Well, you're the one who knows where to look for it. Totallympics could be a place where people who don't would get to know that - at least that's how I would use it for the disciplines I'm not so close to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Well, you're the one who knows where to look for it. Totallympics could be a place where people who don't would get to know that - at least that's how I would use it for the disciplines I'm not so close to.

Yes, but showing people where to find (in this case) results for biathlon is a one-time thing that can be done in the OP of a thread. Why would any user on here spend 5 minutes on copying and pasting whole tables of results every single time when a simple link can be enough?

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, but showing people where to find (in this case) results for biathlon is a one-time thing that can be done in the OP of a thread. Why would any user on here spend 5 minutes on copying and pasting whole tables of results every single time when a simple link can be enough?

I think Sindo said it was to preserve those results in case they ever disappear from those sites, and they would be easy to find here.

10 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I think Sindo said it was to preserve those results in case they ever disappear from those sites, and they would be easy to find here.

Yes and PDFs work perfectly fine for that and is a lot less work. I mean, sure, copy-paste away to those who like doing it of course, I just think the time can be spent in a gazillion more valuable and useful ways. Then again, one should of course decide on their own what to spend their time on :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes and PDFs work perfectly fine for that and is a lot less work. I mean, sure, copy-paste away to those who like doing it of course, I just think the time can be spent in a gazillion more valuable and useful ways. Then again, one should of course decide on their own what to spend their time on :p 

Yes, format should not matter, at least not a whole lot.

I love the idea of having the results available here as it will be useful for me personally. I used to contribute when I could on the old forum but I don't have time to spend on adhering to strict formats, and I view my free time as more precious these days. But I am definitely all for this idea even if I cannot contribute myself :p

• Like 1

As you know already, I'm here since the begining of the results forum:thumbup: You can count on me in all sports:yes

The thing is not every federation publishes results in PDF - for example in modern pentathlon it doesn't happen.

I’m down to post PDFs of multi-sports games. We would need to save them to the website however, and that would require an insane amount of storage. That’s why @Sindo wants tables (or at least some format) other results. My problem is that I find tables quite hard to use. So neither system really works for me. That’s my point of view. I also think it would be awesome to have an all-in-one results place though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Sindo If someone teaches me how to do the PDF conversion thing, I can upload the Winter YOG results.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Sindo If someone teaches me how to do the PDF conversion thing, I can upload the Winter YOG results.

This is not necessary because I am posting results on the results portal to test some things. It is actually really quick to post results and you can see an example here :)https://results.totallympics.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2768&extra=page%3D1

• Like 1