website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

10 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I think Sindo said it was to preserve those results in case they ever disappear from those sites, and they would be easy to find here.

Yes and PDFs work perfectly fine for that and is a lot less work. I mean, sure, copy-paste away to those who like doing it of course, I just think the time can be spent in a gazillion more valuable and useful ways. Then again, one should of course decide on their own what to spend their time on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes and PDFs work perfectly fine for that and is a lot less work. I mean, sure, copy-paste away to those who like doing it of course, I just think the time can be spent in a gazillion more valuable and useful ways. Then again, one should of course decide on their own what to spend their time on :p 

Yes, format should not matter, at least not a whole lot.

I love the idea of having the results available here as it will be useful for me personally. I used to contribute when I could on the old forum but I don't have time to spend on adhering to strict formats, and I view my free time as more precious these days. But I am definitely all for this idea even if I cannot contribute myself :p

I’m down to post PDFs of multi-sports games. We would need to save them to the website however, and that would require an insane amount of storage. That’s why @Sindo wants tables (or at least some format) other results. My problem is that I find tables quite hard to use. So neither system really works for me. That’s my point of view. I also think it would be awesome to have an all-in-one results place though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

@Sindo If someone teaches me how to do the PDF conversion thing, I can upload the Winter YOG results.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Sindo If someone teaches me how to do the PDF conversion thing, I can upload the Winter YOG results.

This is not necessary because I am posting results on the results portal to test some things. It is actually really quick to post results and you can see an example here :)https://results.totallympics.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2768&extra=page%3D1

@Sindo I recommend adding a search function, so I could put in a name like “Adam Hofstedt” and scroll through the various posts (results) that include a particular athlete. It would also be nice to search other things like “Individual 10km”, or “2020 Youth Olympics”, etc.

@Sindo Any interest in past results? I’d be willing to contribute as always. I have multi-sports games results from 2013-2020, but I can also find some from 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005.

• 1 month later...