website statistics

Darts BDO World Championships 2020

heywoodu

Darts BDO World Championships 2020

ENG.gif London (ENG) - 4 January 2020 - 12 January 2020 ENG.gif

181250fbnh9phjlnn7fi19.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lolololol

Spoiler

7AiCGwU.jpg

UkpbRfJ.jpg

GkbQDrr.jpg

R4XaFUl.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

ENHlCiJWwAIWaL-?format=jpg&name=large

I will be surprised if she plays another BDO tournament, after that performance in the Worlds and all the promotion she got / is for the PDC. A World Series of Darts spot is already given to her and i would say a 60-70% chance to shock and put her in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

I will be surprised if she plays another BDO tournament, after that performance in the Worlds and all the promotion she got / is for the PDC. A World Series of Darts spot is already given to her and i would say a 60-70% chance to shock and put her in the Premier League. 

Putting her in the Premier League would be a shock to absolutely nobody :p

Well, she ain't getting one of the nine main spots, but is very, very likely to be announced as one of the 'challengers' who only play in one evening. Like this year's contenders, which were used because Anderson withdrew with an injury at a late time. Barry Hearn himself has already said she is very much in the running for one of those spots, which will be announced a few days after the world championships.

Edited by heywoodu

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Putting her in the Premier League would be a shock to absolutely nobody :p

Well, she ain't getting one of the nine main spots, but is very, very likely to be announced as one of the 'challengers' who only play in one evening. Like this year's contenders, which were used because Anderson withdrew with an injury at a late time. Barry Hearn himself has already said she is very much in the running for one of those spots, which will be announced a few days after the world championships.

They are doing the challengers again.. :dunno: I thought it was going to be the normal 10. Oh well, then a hundred percent she is doing a one night match.

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

They are doing the challengers again.. :dunno: I thought it was going to be the normal 10. Oh well, then a hundred percent she is doing a one night match.

Same feeling here :p 

The format isn't completely official yet, I really hope matches against challengers won't count, that'd be so unfair..

Tournament started and they already managed to misspell two names in one match :d 

ENcH4ynX0AEodcO?format=jpg&name=medium

6 minutes ago, TomJa said:

Polish names are damn difficult to pronounce. In this case, you can read it as Stayer [sztajer / stjajer]. I don't know how to express it too phonetically.

What heywoodu meant was probably the spelling of the names. It's "Steyer" and "Vandenbogaerde".

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.