website statistics

Judo 2020 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 1 month later...

You are new here, so let me tell you you just threw a big bomb in the fire by calling them 'true athletes and role models' :d 

(Personally I still find it rather hard to know what to think, I think all sides have their points)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

You are new here, so let me tell you you just threw a big bomb in the fire by calling them 'true athletes and role models' :d 

(Personally I still find it rather hard to know what to think, I think all sides have their points)

Well they were both world champions in the last 2 years that for the first part and as for the second thing last year and also before a picture like this would never happen it’s not a political statement rather it’s a chance to see that there is things beyond politics and for me it’s a good sign 

28 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Well they were both world champions in the last 2 years that for the first part and as for the second thing last year and also before a picture like this would never happen it’s not a political statement rather it’s a chance to see that there is things beyond politics and for me it’s a good sign 

Oh I agree, but Mollaei has become a little....let's say, controversial here with the whole Iran-Israel-leaving Iran thing :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dutch heavyweight Ilona Lucassen has died due to for now unknown reasons, aged only 23. She was in the national team since 2016, won a GP bronze medal in 2018, silver in the European mixed teams championships in the same year and competed in Tel Aviv GP early in this year.

Edit: a message from her former judo school apparently says "she has been fighting with herself immensely. Sadly she has left us last Friday."

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch heavyweight Ilona Lucassen has died due to for now unknown reasons, aged only 23. She was in the national team since 2016, won a GP bronze medal in 2018, silver in the European mixed teams championships in the same year and competed in Tel Aviv GP early in this year.

Edit: a message from her former judo school apparently says "she has been fighting with herself immensely. Sadly she has left us last Friday."

that last sentence is quite scary...and most likely it means only one thing...:cry: