website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

49 minutes ago, hckosice said:

image.png

I'm requesting a permanent ban for you if you had Sagan wrong :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

That was the easiest one, in other hand I somehow missed Evenepoel :p

The only reason I got Evenepoel is because it was the world championships (as shown by the little rainbow in the graphics) and I couldn't remember Ilan van Wilder or Mauri Vansevenant winning a world title (which I assume is why the pictured rider was celebrating) and Evenepoel most definitely did :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The only reason I got Evenepoel is because it was the world championships (as shown by the little rainbow in the graphics) and I couldn't remember Ilan van Wilder or Mauri Vansevenant winning a world title (which I assume is why the pictured rider was celebrating) and Evenepoel most definitely did :p 

nah not interested into youth championships :p

Spoiler

Kidding ofc I know who the kid is. I just refuse to jump into the Remco hype train :d

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's alright, I don't believe @heywoodu ever joined the Peter Velits hype train. :p

You are not seriously comparing Peter Velits* with someone who's beating the very top of the world at and even before age 20 right? :lol: 

*despite two decent performances, in one of which he was at the finish - according to the commentator - 'a Slovenian, or either a Slovak or a Czech' :d Which has nothing to do with him of course,  but I found it funny to hear that when searching for it just now :p 

It seems more and more likely UCI will move the world championships out of Switzerland, and there seems to be a major candidate.

Spoiler

Qatar, in November, god freaking dammit.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

It seems more and more likely UCI will move the world championships out of Switzerland, and there seems to be a major candidate.

Reveal hidden contents

Mauro Vegni on Italian press say that Oman is the biggest candidate to replace Aigle

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Mauro Vegni on Italian press say that Oman is the biggest candidate to replace Aigle

Yes that has been going around for a while, but rumours are Qatar has taken the top position for that spot. I really hope it'll be Oman, even though with Dylan Groenewegen the Netherlands would have one of the major candidates for gold on a flat course like Qatar - an awesome race is of course a lot more important than having a winner with the same flag.