website statistics

Road Cycling 2020 Discussion Thread

Agger

Last year the Tour of Israel was mysteriously cancelled, this year the 'Tel Aviv Classic' died a slow death and just disappeared :lol: 

Oh Israel, stop making a mess of stuff. Deservedly in this case by the way, any new race that calls itself a 'Classic' should be automatically cancelled.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 09/02/2020 at 11:04, heywoodu said:

Last year the Tour of Israel was mysteriously cancelled, this year the 'Tel Aviv Classic' died a slow death and just disappeared :lol: 

Oh Israel, stop making a mess of stuff. Deservedly in this case by the way, any new race that calls itself a 'Classic' should be automatically cancelled.

Honestly never heard of it no one ever wrote about here in any Israeli website so it’s weird some of the things in this report are false or misleading tbh I searched in all of the Israeli websites and found absolutely nothing also included the link of the Israeli cycling website https://israelcycling.org.il/  all the website about those contests are foreign-non Israeli and in order to have cycling competition in Israel you need the Sport administration acceptance which is a thing that never even brought up in government websites so yeah it’s a bit ?? (fishy)

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

Honestly never heard of it no one ever wrote about here in any Israeli website so it’s weird some of the things in this report are false or misleading tbh I searched in all of the Israeli websites and found absolutely nothing also included the link of the Israeli cycling website https://israelcycling.org.il/  all the website about those contests are foreign-non Israeli and in order to have cycling competition in Israel you need the Sport administration acceptance which is a thing that never even brought up in government websites so yeah it’s a bit ?? (fishy)

Well, I highly doubt well-known cycling websites are all in an anti-Israel conspiracy and making things up :d So most likely it's some Israeli organizers who thought it'd be easy to have a race after the start of the Giro in Jerusalem (possibly without even involving the Israeli cycling federation) and then it all just died a slow death two years in a row.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, I highly doubt well-known cycling websites are all in an anti-Israel conspiracy and making things up :d So most likely it's some Israeli organizers who thought it'd be easy to have a race after the start of the Giro in Jerusalem (possibly without even involving the Israeli cycling federation) and then it all just died a slow death two years in a row.

Yep it’s reasonable and make sense after a lot of time without any hosting of large sporting events a lot of individuals and groups are trying to bring some events to Israel and while “Tel Aviv classic “ is a cocky name and organizing a competition like this would have probably cause a mess so I Admit it’s not the best idea but I’m happy with the increase of sporting events that taking place in Israel (but only if they got proper names?

1 minute ago, Dnl said:

Yep it’s reasonable and make sense after a lot of time without any hosting of large sporting events a lot of individuals and groups are trying to bring some events to Israel and while “Tel Aviv classic “ is a cocky name and organizing a competition like this would have probably cause a mess so I Admit it’s not the best idea but I’m happy with the increase of sporting events that taking place in Israel (but only if they got proper names?

And only if they actually happen :d 

Here we go again. Chokri Elmehdi of Morocco had signed a contract with Israel Cycling Academy after rumours had been going on for a while. First Arab Muslim rider for the team, awesome! 

Few days later aaaaaand to the surprise of absolutely nobody, he has left the team due to 'personal reasons'. Most likely the Moroccan Cycling Federation, which had pretty much never supported him in any way, suddenly was 'a little interested', asked some questions and got rather angry, more or less forcing him to sign for some lower level French team.

Ahmet Örken all over again :facepalm: 

• 3 weeks later...