website statistics

Boxing 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

• 1 month later...

An absolutely flawless Tyson Fury has just beaten 42-0 Deontay Wilder and dethroned the now former WBC world champion :bowdown: 

Wilder was out of it ever since the end of the 2nd round, it's a miracle he stayed on his feet as long as he did before his corner threw the towel.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:d 

87164269_783175048872980_155114403040906

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It was a bit of a shame Wilder got hit on the ear so early on and just had no chance at all anymore after that, since it was impossible to keep some decent sense of balance - the first one and a half rounds or so were fantastic, with both of them delivering and eating monstrous shots, until Fury managed to pick apart Wilder's whole balance system.

• 2 weeks later...

:CAN team for qualifiers. Surprised they are sending a full team. Maybe without AIBA chances improve lol.

Men

52 kg Justin Parina

57 kg Eric Basran

63 kg Thomas Blumenfeld

69 kg Wyatt Sanford

75 kg Jaquan Carty

81 kg John Michael Bianco

91 kg Bryan Colwell

91+kg Christophe Bernier

51 kg Mandy Bujold

57 kg Caroline Veyre

60 kg Irene Fiolek

69 kg Myriam Da Silva

75 kg Tammara Thibeault

Hoping for 1-2 men to qualify along with all five women.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wild story coming out from USADA and USA Boxing about 2016 Olympian Ginny Fuchs. According to USADA Fuchs testes positive for two banned substances in February. After an investigation it was confirmed by USA Boxing and Fuchs that the steroids were injecting during sex with her boyfriend, who was using them. 

So. Many. Questions! I’m not a doctor, but like how does that work? Would the injection even be strong enough to even impact her performance? Is this a get around that athlete have been using for years? I mean, I’ve heard of the water bottle trick, but never this.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/general/article/Ginny-Fuchs-Olympics-boxer-positive-drug-test-sex-15333804.php

14 hours ago, JohnFoyne said:

Wild story coming out from USADA and USA Boxing about 2016 Olympian Ginny Fuchs. According to USADA Fuchs testes positive for two banned substances in February. After an investigation it was confirmed by USA Boxing and Fuchs that the steroids were injecting during sex with her boyfriend, who was using them. 

So. Many. Questions! I’m not a doctor, but like how does that work? Would the injection even be strong enough to even impact her performance? Is this a get around that athlete have been using for years? I mean, I’ve heard of the water bottle trick, but never this.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/general/article/Ginny-Fuchs-Olympics-boxer-positive-drug-test-sex-15333804.php

:rofl: