website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

On 28/12/2019 at 22:06, heywoodu said:

The Netherlands is in.

for the first time of the contest history , Netherland is the first to join

welcome to the contest , your intro is

and your character

you will put your intro before your song on the same post

Okay, I have moved the debate about the new thread and the rules to the discussion thread so we can keep the start of this thread relatively clean until registrations begin.

I will also update the rules thread here to reflect the new rules that were implemented.

I have asked bestmen if we have a schedule yet for when the final will take place and we will come up with a schedule for the registration, voting and preparation windows based around that.

Until then the thread can remain open but we will keep registrations closed until we know the schedule. The reason for this is because on the request of users previously, we had a vote on this very subject because users had already brought up the issue of there being too long a period between registrations, voting and the eventual final and that is why there was a vote for that in the first place.

Also, if a Grand Final in February suits bestmen best (if he is unable to host in March or April for example) then that should be fine. All we need to know is the schedule so we can implement the 2 week registration, voting and preparation periods.

I hope everyone is ok with this resolution.

Thanks,

Dan

I have messaged bestmen and he has explained that he simply opened the thread so that he can firstly, post the "Happy New Year" greeting he created for TISC and also for another reason. He has created intros for each nation that he wants to post as each nation registers. It's just simply to mark the news that x nation is coming to Algeria to participate in TISC. It doesn't mean that the official song submission period has begun, it's simply to pass the time, make a bit of TISC news to keep the TISC in the spotlight before the contest officially begins and I think that is no harm.

The official song submission window will still be a 2 week window, and this will open at a later date when bestmen is sure of the date he wishes to host the final.

I personally have no issue with this as the main reason users wanted to streamline the windows and make them shorter is because users said it seemed like the period between when users submitted songs and the grand final was too long. This won't affect that.

So the way I am looking at it is that bestmen would like us to announce our intention to participate and he will then provide us with a little intro to mark the news. It sounds like a nice touch.

@bestmen if I didn't get this right, maybe you can do a better job in explaining.