website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meh, that's now a global event every year. They really should have left something for the continents to have...

Nah, only in 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025, then we go back to normal :banana: 

Personally I quite like it, more world championships and less of the continental championships that often feel a bit depleted anyway.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nah, only in 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025, then we go back to normal :banana: 

Personally I quite like it, more world championships and less of the continental championships that often feel a bit depleted anyway.

Yeah, good luck in remembering who won which edition. :lol:

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, good luck in remembering who won which edition. :lol:

I can barely remember that anyway even if I've watched every single final live, nothing changes for me there :p 

The previous Olympics are a little over two years ago and with most events - even though I've seen them - I'm gonna need Wikipedia to know who won.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The Worlds really meant something when it was every four years, and in the era of Olympic boycotts.  Now....well I guess it keeps lots of the smaller federations afloat with TV money.

• 2 weeks later...

There isn’t many bright sides to sport being cancelled for presumably a year, but 2022 is going to be f***ing epic!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...