website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2020

Totallympics

Thursday January 2nd, 2020 -

Knockout Round Day 1 Schedule (GMT +1)

Quarterfinals
Winning teams will qualify for the Semifinals (The Semifinals will be paired as follows: SF1: The highest ranked in the Preliminary Round against the Lowest ranked in the Preliminary Round, SF 2: The second highest ranked in the Preliminary Round against the third highest ranked in the Preliminary Round)
Losing teams will be ranked according the Preliminary Round ranking from 5th-8th Places

Switzerland SUI.gif vs RUS.gif Russia
Period-by-Period:
January 2nd 2020, h. 12:30, Werk Arena, Třinec
I
Canada CAN.gif vs SVK.gif Slovakia
Period-by-Period:
January 2nd 2020, h. 15:00, Ostravar Arena, Ostrava

I
United States USA.gif vs FIN.gif Finland
Period-by-Period:
January 2nd 2020, h. 17:30,
Werk Arena, Třinec
I
Sweden SWE.gif vs CZE.gif Czech Republic
Period-by-Period:
January 2nd 2020, h. 20
:00, Ostravar Arena, Ostrava

Relegation Round
Match 1
1st Game of the Best-of-3 Match Series,
the Nations will be ranked 9th-10th, the series losing team (10th ranked nation) will be relegated to the Men´s Under 20 Division I Group A World Championship 2021

(0) Germany GER.gif vs KAZ.gif Kazakhstan (0)
Period-by-Period:
January 2nd 2020, h. 10:00, Ostravar Arena, Ostrava

Thursday January 2nd, 2020 -

Knockout Round Day 1 RESULTS (GMT +1)

Relegation Round
Match 1
1st Game of the Best-of-3 Match Series,
the Nations will be ranked 9th-10th, the series losing team (10th ranked nation) will be relegated to the Men´s Under 20 Division I Group A World Championship 2021

(1) Germany GER.gif 4 - 0 KAZ.gif Kazakhstan (0)
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 2-0, 2-0
January 2nd 2020, h. 10:00, Ostravar Arena, Ostrava

Series Standing After Match 1:
Germany - Kazakhstan  1-0

Apparently we scored a goal to Canada in the U20 World Championships after 3 hours and 7 seconds of play :lol: Last time it was Dávid Šoltés who scored at time 39:57 the 4th January 2015 in Toronto :d then we lost the next 2 matches 0-5 (2017) and 0-6 (2018) until today Oliver Okuliar scored in the 3rd period

However, thanks god this tournament is over for this team :lol: The only positives we can take from this championship was the young Stacha, the 17 years old defencer was clearly our most positive surprise. :yes In other side pretty disappointing torunament from our North American leagues guys who were expected to be the leaders of this already too weak team Čajkovič and Okuliar, but both were pretty awful here

All in all once again we survived, this time wth more luck than in the previous editions, so the goal fullfiled, Slovak U20 with still clean record of never relegated country in this age category. however, next year it will be really difficult, it seems we will be in the group with :SUI and :GER , in the fight to avoid the relegation round...

Semifinals Pairing according to the new rules

(Highest ranked semifinalist vs Lowest ranked semifinalist according the preliminary round standing - that match shall be played as first in the afternoon, followed in the evening by the second semifinal between the second highest ranked semifinalist and third highest ranked semifinalist):

:SWE - :RUS  Shall be played as the earlier match

:CAN - :FIN  as the evening match

Final Standing 5th-8th Places

5. :SUI

6. :USA

7. :CZE

8. :SVK