website statistics

Totallympics Sports Review of 2019

Dragon

35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Maybe if she wins the Olympic Gold in Tokyo you'll get to know her better :lol:

Pretty sure I reported on her 2019 European Games medal, and I still couldn’t remember who she was :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1. Male sportsperson of the year: :ESP  Rafael Nadal (runner up :USA  Caeleb Dressel )
  2. Female sportsperson of the year: :USA Simon Biles
  3. Team of the year: :ESP Men's Basketball Team (runner up :CHN Women's Volleyball Team)
  4. Junior sportsman of the year (under 20 years old at 1/1/2019): I don't know
  5. Junior sportswoman of the year (under 20 years old at 1/1/2019): :CAN Bianca Andreescu
  6. Greatest moment of the year: Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer in Wimbledon Final
  7. Biggest idiot of the year: a little offensive and disrespectful, Roger Federer missed two match points and lost the Wimbledon Final

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Americans don't care about judo so it's not a surprise :dunno:

If you’ve followed any of my reporting, you’d know I appreciate a good judo bout. I’m just not good with names, and I feel like we’ve already established this. It’s also hard for me to remember the names of younger athletes, who I haven’t seen as often. It still is quite shocking her name didn’t ring bell after how dominant she’s been this year. I just can’t believe the world’s top skateboarders aren’t getting any acknowledgement. They’ve achieved much more in longer careers (even though they’re 13-17)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If you’ve followed any of my reporting, you’d know I appreciate a good judo bout. I’m just not good with names, and I feel like we’ve already established this. It’s also hard for me to remember the names of younger athletes, who I haven’t seen as often. It still is quite shocking her name didn’t ring bell after how dominant she’s been this year. I just can’t believe the world’s top skateboarders aren’t getting any acknowledgement. They’ve achieved much more in longer careers (even though they’re 13-17)

Right. You're a judo fan but not good with names like Bilodid? It's like saying someone is a basketball fan but hasn't heard about James Harden :lol:

I don't watch skateboarding and probably never will :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Right. You're a judo fan but not good with names like Bilodid? It's like saying someone is a basketball fan but hasn't heard about James Harden :lol:

I don't watch skateboarding and probably never will :dunno:

I focus on flags more than names :dunno:. I should honestly know more names, but I just don’t. I don’t actually watch a lot of sport outside multi-sports games or world championships. I don’t really have one overall passion. I have a bunch of subjects/hobbies that I’m rather knowledgeable about. There’s also like 150 sports to follow, so it can be a lot. I really do need to get better at watching sports though. 

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I focus on flags more than names :dunno:. I should honestly know more names, but I just don’t. I don’t actually watch a lot of sport outside multi-sports games or world championships. I don’t really have one overall passion. I have a bunch of subjects/hobbies that I’m rather knowledgeable about. There’s also like 150 sports to follow, so it can be a lot. I really do need to get better at watching sports though. 

Reminds me of this: (Hint #1 everyone in Europe knows how Michael Jordan looks like :lol: ). All these LeBron vs Jordan debates you have in USA are moot, Europe votes for Jordan all the time. Hint #2 nobody over here knows a damn thing about baseball, even a guy wearing a Yankee cap can't recognize Jeter :lol: