website statistics

Best Sports Moments of The (Correct) Decade From 2010-2019

Olympian1010

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

1) 2006-2016 is eleven years. Do I need to count again? :p

2) 2006-2015 would be an arbitrary decade, just like 1916-2015 would be an arbitrary century. But nobody really means arbitrary decades and centuries, they mean calendar decades and centuries. And since there is no Year 0, all decades start at 1 and end at 10 (0). Method you used in the title of the thread suggests that the first decade had only 9 years.

End of discussion.

Wishful thinking :d

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

16-6 = 10. That was the logic everyone went after me for earlier. 
The first decade was technically 0-9, with the second being 10-19, and so on. Also the first decade of the established calendar is like 40,000,000-39,000,009

Decade is 10 years. Century is 100 years. You're doing maths that is completely unneccessary and you're still not changing the Gregorian calendar on TO forum :p

8 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Wishful thinking :d

I tried to end the argument on page 2. That was just a bit ago :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Decade is 10 years. Century is 100 years. You're doing maths that is completely unneccessary and you're still not changing the Gregorian calendar on TO forum :p

Do you have a fettish for the Gregorian calendar or something. How is this your biggest complaint?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The 2010 and 2014 World Cups go a long way here. Netherlands beating Brazil on a comeback and then winning a nailbiter semi final against Uruguay to qualify for a World Cup final, I never thought I'd live to see the day :yikes: Then in 2014, beating Spain 5-1 in the opening match, oh boy :hyper: 

In terms of things I've witnessed in person, my highlight might be the epic, epic, epic Champions League comeback of Füchse Berlin (handball) against Ademar Leon in 2012. Füchse had lost 34-23 in Spain so needed something absolutely huge in Berlin...where they went on full-attack from the very first minute, won 29-18 and qualified for the Final Four. That was completely, totally nuts. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

And the most special moment in that 5-1 victory was with 5th goal when Robben made Cassillas and Ramos eat the grass literally :d it was a special moment of revenge for him and the whole dutch team ofc 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Do you have a fettish for the Gregorian calendar or something. How is this your biggest complaint?

Nope but unless the world revokes the Gregorian calendar and starts measuring time with a different method you have no case to argue as someone living in a country which follows this very calendar :lol:

It's the same thing like measuring a minute by 60 seconds. Do you want to give us a dissenting opinion on that one too? ;)

I'd also liked to share another special moment but unfortunately it was in the last decade particularly at WOG in Turin my first ever time to watch winter sports and it was by luck as I was in Canada at this time and ofc all Canadian channels talking about the Olympics and me at the beginning saying what the fuck are these guys doing in snow :d And what a boring 2 weeks it'll be with Sports Channels Which was almost the only ones I was watching at cable TV that time , but I really felt in love with WOG and I watched literally every event of this Olympics on TV and I was lucky enough to have a break from school at that time due to a strike from teachers or the 2nd term holiday can't remember well 

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nope but unless the world revokes the Gregorian calendar and starts measuring time with a different method you have no case to argue as someone living in a country which follows this very calendar :lol:

It's the same thing like measuring a minute by 60 seconds. Do you want to give us a dissenting opinion on that one too? ;)

Do you want one?

Tough question.

The greatest Olympic moment of the decade - David Rudisha winning the 800m in a new WR with two NRs and four PBs from the athletes who followed him home.

Greatest British Olympic moment - We have been fortunate to have a lot of those but for me Nick Skelton winning the equestrian jumping gold medal at the age of 58 at his seventh Olympics after being told he would never ride again after breaking his back was very emotional.

Greatest Paralympic moment - The enthusiasm of the capacity crowds for the 2012 Games which took the Paralympics to a whole new level. Then four years later attendances at the Paralympics surpassing those at the Olympics.

General international sport - 2012 Ryder Cup or "Miracle in Medinah" when Europe's golfers went into the last day trailing the USA 10-6 and came back in the face of hostile crowds to win 14.5-13.5.

Domestic sport - I'm not a football fan but even I got caught up in my home town club Leicester City winning the English Premier League at odds of 5,000/1 in the 2015/16 season.