website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

2 godziny temu, juddy96 napisał:

Some Oympians who have announced their retirement (or confirmed it will be their last Olympics) after these games

:NZL Emma Twigg - Rowing

:NZL Stuart Farquhar - Athletics

:NZL Kayla Whitelock - Field Hockey

:USA Kayla Harrison - Judo

:USA Michael Phelps - Swimming

:USA Evelyn Stevens - Road Cycling

:USA Maya DiRado - Swimming

:JAM Usain Bolt - Athletics

:JAM Asafa Powell - Athletics

:COL Oscar Figueroa - Weightlifting

:GRE Ilias Iliadis - Judo

:GBR Katherine Grainger - Rowing

:GBR Kate Richardson-Walsh - Field Hockey

:ARG Manu Ginobili - Basketball

:FRA Tony Parker - Basketball

:FRA Yannick Agnel - Swimming

:GER Fabian Hambuechen - Artistic Gymnastics

:GER Ludger Beerbaum - Equestrian

:SUI Fabian Cancellara - Road Cycling

:IND Abhinav Bindra - Shooting

:AUS Melissa Hoskins - Track Cycling

:AUS Madonna Blyth - Field Hockey

:AUS Bronte Barratt - Swimming

:CHN He Wenna - Trampoline

:CAN Adam van Koeverden - Canoe/Kayak Sprint

:CAN Lindsay Jennerich - Rowing

:CAN Roseline Filion - Diving

:CAN Audrey Lacroix - Swimming

:CAN Fred Winters - Volleyball

:ITA Tania Cagnotto - Diving

:ITA Francesca Dallape - Diving

:ITA Niccolo Campriani - Shooting

:POL Tomasz Majewski - Athletics

From Brazil, Fabiana Murer (Athletics) have announced her retirement - she might compete in a final Diamond League stage. Most of the two-time Olympic champions of Women's Volleyball will not play for Brazil anymore (although some will continue playing in clubs for some time). One of the most important retirements is from the Women's Football team: Formiga, who played all 6 Olympics tournaments.

lol our K4 paddlers searched yesterday the whole day after their final race their  lost paddles. Suddenly they disappeared !!! They searched everywhere but without result... They were so sad about it...later in the night when they celebrate the medal in the Slovak House..sudenly one of the hosts came with his phone and showed them this facebook acount of the german Max Hoff :lol:

This is a different kind of retirement ;)

I know some of the people on this forum use http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/

The bad news is that it will be closing down in the next few months.

The good news is that the data will be transferred to the IOC website where it will become the IOC Olympic Statistical Database.

see http://olympstats.com/2016/08/21/the-olymadmen-and-olympstats-and-sports-reference/

15 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

From Brazil, Fabiana Murer (Athletics) have announced her retirement - she might compete in a final Diamond League stage. Most of the two-time Olympic champions of Women's Volleyball will not play for Brazil anymore (although some will continue playing in clubs for some time). One of the most important retirements is from the Women's Football team: Formiga, who played all 6 Olympics tournaments.

Sad news is that Daniele Hypólito has said she will keep training in hopes to join the 2020 Olympic team, as if we haven't had enough of her falls and failed routines at the Olympics...

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

Sad news is that Daniele Hypólito has said she will keep training in hopes to join the 2020 Olympic team, as if we haven't had enough of her falls and failed routines at the Olympics...

Any retiring gymnasts that you know about that I can add to the list?

30 minutos atrás, juddy96 disse:

Any retiring gymnasts that you know about that I can add to the list?

I believe no one has explicitly announced retirement. Some possible announcements might come soon from Margarita Mamun (Russia), Fabian Hambuechen (Germany) and Vanessa Ferrari (Italy). I'll keep an eye out for news about Vasiliki Millousi (Greece) and Jessica López (Venezuela), both of whom might retire as well. Aly Raisman and Gabby Doulgas (US) will most likely take some time off. Has Ellie Black said anything about retirement? I hope she continues until 2017. She has a real chance at a world championships medal and I want her to win one!

Mustafina, Paseka, Barbosa and Daniele Hypólito said they will continue. Surprisingly, Chusovitina has said she will compete at the World Championships in Canada, in 2017. I really admire her.

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

I believe no one has explicitly announced retirement. Some possible announcements might come soon from Margarita Mamun (Russia), Fabian Hambuechen (Germany) and Vanessa Ferrari (Italy). I'll keep an eye out for news about Vasiliki Millousi (Greece) and Jessica López (Venezuela), both of whom might retire as well. Aly Raisman and Gabby Doulgas (US) will most likely take some time off. Has Ellie Black said anything about retirement? I hope she continues until 2017. She has a real chance at a world championships medal and I want her to win one!

Mustafina, Paseka, Barbosa and Daniele Hypólito said they will continue. Surprisingly, Chusovitina has said she will compete at the World Championships in Canada, in 2017. I really admire her.

Haven't heard anything about Ellie, I would be surprised if anyone on our team retires this year because of the 2017 world championships on home soil.