website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

I don't dare click on this link :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I clicked, because I know the piktochart :p

Are interesting considerations. One thing that has me a bit angry is sensationalism around the Zika virus in the international media. But I recognize that the host country will always be exposed to judgments, is part of the package.

24 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

Are interesting considerations. One thing that has me a bit angry is sensationalism around the Zika virus in the international media. But I recognize that the host country will always be exposed to judgments, is part of the package.

Well, that sensationalism is particulary attractive to (spoiled) golfers. :evil:

#banbestmen

On 23/6/2016 at 17:00, hukbrazil said:

Though I've personally wondered about it as well, I just think it's pretty serious, when almost 250 experts on health is worried. I can't help but being a bit myself.

But it does seem a bit weird that the experts aren't considering the amount of mosquitos during august and where the zika problems are worst.

5 horas atrás, Agger disse:

Though I've personally wondered about it as well, I just think it's pretty serious, when almost 250 experts on health is worried. I can't help but being a bit myself.

But it does seem a bit weird that the experts aren't considering the amount of mosquitos during august and where the zika problems are worst.

Perhaps athletes who do not want to come to Brazil because of zika may also want to avoid drive a car :p http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/06/03/480495630/does-the-olympics-in-rio-put-the-world-in-danger-of-zika 

Zika is a problem and requires precautions, but I consider disproportional the "terrorism" upon it.

For eventual slovak users:

Provisional Day by Day slovak schedule for Rio 2016 olympics in central europan summer times can be found here http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/81-slovakia-national-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1184

It will be updated during the OG on daily basis