website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Benolympique:

zero ??? :yikes:

British athlete get a lot of funding, german athletes can only dream to get such a good funding, they dont need that much prize money.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Guys, any chance we can put here the dates of the draws to be conducted this week, i know Wrestling and Taekwando will be before the competitions in the second week.

I believe Table Tennis is the 3rd, and Boxing is the 4th. I believe this week we also have Fencing, Judo and Tennis, are there dates? also are there links anywhere to see it live? i know there was link for the Table Tennis draw, not sure about any of the others

vor 22 Minuten schrieb hukbrazil:

Thanks, but i dont think thats right. I have been scrolling down for 5 minutes and didnt see a single picture of athletes in the olympic village.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Look what this guy from India (apparently) got for his bronze medal in 2012. Crazy ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogeshwar_Dutt

I think this is the main reason why so many athletes from poor countries decide to dope, who wouldnt?

But one also has to consider that a gold medal at the Olympics is a much "bigger thing" for India or Indonesia than even for smaller European countries like Hungary (let alone US,UK, China, Germany, France, etc.).
In my ctry it was considered a catastrophe that at Beijing we only won 3 golds. To put that in perspective this is exactly the half of the total gold medal haul of Indonesia from 1960 to 2012 (all of them in badminton). India has 9 gold medals to date from 1920 to 2012 (8 of them in field hockey)

Edited by dharang

15 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Guys, any chance we can put here the dates of the draws to be conducted this week, i know Wrestling and Taekwando will be before the competitions in the second week.

I believe Table Tennis is the 3rd, and Boxing is the 4th. I believe this week we also have Fencing, Judo and Tennis, are there dates? also are there links anywhere to see it live? i know there was link for the Table Tennis draw, not sure about any of the others

Tennis will be done on 4th.

#banbestmen

53 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

individual events in fencing and judo will also be on aug, 4th...

Edited by phelps