website statistics

Darts PDC William Hill World Championship 2020

Totallympics

And he did indeed lose. That's the end of a rather amazing career. Thanks RvB, literally everyone in the Netherlands earning their living with darts in one way or another, and everyone who likes darts, has him to thank for it. Without him, darts in the Netherlands would be what it is in most countries: barely existing.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Eternal negativity guru is on his way to lose.

I thought he was very positive tonight....

Interviewer: "Can you sum up your thoughts?"

RVB: silence

Interviewer: "Can you tell us what's going on in your head right now?"

RVB: "Nothing"

Interviewer: "And do you have a word for the fans here tonight who have followed you loyally for your whole darting career?"

RVB: "I played really badly"

Interviewer: "You will be able to look back on your career and say that you did something special in the world of darts",

RVB: "Did I?"

Interviewer: "There's 4 BDO World Titles, there was the greatest ever game we ever saw in the Circus Tavern in 2007, Premier League Finals, Grand Slam of Darts"

RVB: "I lost first round. In my disaster year, I will never forgive myself. Never ever"

"I'm nothing but an amateur apparently. I'll hate myself, I'm disgusted by myself. It doesn't matter anymore, whatever I do after this doesn't matter anymore. Life has no use anymore."

Jesus, he is in worse shape than ever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I thought he was very positive tonight....

Interviewer: "Can you sum up your thoughts?"

RVB: silence

Interviewer: "Can you tell us what's going on in your head right now?"

RVB: "Nothing"

Interviewer: "And do you have a word for the fans here tonight who have followed you loyally for your whole darting career?"

RVB: "I played really badly"

Interviewer: "You will be able to look back on your career and say that you did something special in the world of darts",

RVB: "Did I?"

Interviewer: "There's 4 BDO World Titles, there was the greatest ever game we ever saw in the Circus Tavern in 2007, Premier League Finals, Grand Slam of Darts"

RVB: "I lost first round. In my disaster year, I will never forgive myself. Never ever"

The "Life has no use anymore" on Dutch TV right now was the big one though. Could London police please guard the local bridges for a while? :whistle: 

Kim Huybrechts utterly destroyed 2018 world champion and number two seed Rob Cross and it wasn't even interesting :lol: 

What a tournament already.

So sad seeing Barney losing last night :( I hope he is going to be mentally OK, because the stuff he has said seems worrying. Depression is a serious problem.

Quite a few surprises so far, interesting tournament right from the get go. A damn big shame no  TV is showing darts here anymore... :wall: Got to look for streams and links just to catch some action...

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So sad seeing Barney losing last night :( I hope he is going to be mentally OK, because the stuff he has said seems worrying. Depression is a serious problem.

Quite a few surprises so far, interesting tournament right from the get go. A damn big shame no  TV is showing darts here anymore... :wall: Got to look for streams and links just to catch some action...

Thing is, Van Barneveld would throw himself into the same "life is useless" pit even if he plays an awesome last tournament and loses out in the final....there's no end. I do hope the same thing as always happens: depressed as can be after a loss but later focussing more on personal matters - like his grandchild.

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Bulgaria badly needs their own Van Barneveld :d