website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

Women's Olympic Qualification Tournament, Final Ranking

Gold: :JPN Futaba Ito, 28 pts

Silver: :FRA Julia Chanourdie, 30 pts

Bronze: :SLO Mia Krampl, 49 pts (Olympic Quota)

4. :SLO Lucka Rakovec, 54 pts

5. :JPN Ai Mori, 64 pts

6. :RUS Iuliia Kaplina, 64 pts

7. :USA Kyra Condie, 72 pts

8. :ITA Laura Rogora, 100 pts

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

and this climb by :FRA Chanourdie has completely turned things around in the Slovenian battle for the Olympic spot!!!

now she's between Krampl (who's leading the Lead section with 32 holds) and Rakovec (3rd with 31+) by virtue of climbing time of all the girls stuck at 31+...Chanourdie, in fact, did it in 3.03 mins, meanwhile Rakovec in 4.16...

with only :JPN Futaba Ito still left to go, the only hope for Rakovec is the Japanese to overtake Krampl...

drama, big drama in Toulouse!

tbh, it's unfair that someone who doesn't have any interest in a competition ends up deciding the future of 2 different athletes...it should be a direct match-up, not a strange combination of other people's scores...:facepalm::hairpull::thumbdown:

I can't find these times..You used a timer for the minutes or it's written somewhere in the results section?

36 minutes ago, ratelesjo said:

I can't find these times..You used a timer for the minutes or it's written somewhere in the results section?

you could see the climbing time running on the graphics while watching the live pictures (and you can still see it if you watch the replay of the event on Youtube, obviously)...

those times are not registered anywhere on the competition rankings (even if thay are the tie-breaking criteria between all the climbers who reached the same hold, in this case the 4 girls who ended with 31+)...

Edited by phelps

• 3 months later...

Just finished watching this, and finally I can ask: why does IFSC not have any graphics other than the time? :hairpull:

It'd have been so incredibly easy to follow the competition if they had live graphics, sort of like at the 2018 world championships, but now Ito - the very last athlete - fell a bit earlier than expected and all of a sudden they realized the battle between Krampl and Rakovec had turned around completely. I love IFSC live streaming everything on YouTube so it's easy to watch whenever you want, but their graphics are absolutely horrible :yikes: (well, non-existing basically)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just finished watching this, and finally I can ask: why does IFSC not have any graphics other than the time? :hairpull:

It'd have been so incredibly easy to follow the competition if they had live graphics, sort of like at the 2018 world championships, but now Ito - the very last athlete - fell a bit earlier than expected and all of a sudden they realized the battle between Krampl and Rakovec had turned around completely. I love IFSC live streaming everything on YouTube so it's easy to watch whenever you want, but their graphics are absolutely horrible :yikes: (well, non-existing basically)

The livescoring at venues isn’t any better let me tell you. I found myself doing a lot of unplanned math during the Pan American Championships. By the way, if anyone read those articles, what did you think?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The livescoring at venues isn’t any better let me tell you. I found myself doing a lot of unplanned math during the Pan American Championships. By the way, if anyone read those articles, what did you think?

I've heard those can be watched online as well? Because in that case I'll refrain from reading the articles for now, but I'll read them later :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've heard those can be watched online as well? Because in that case I'll refrain from reading the articles for now, but I'll read them later :p 

Yes they can :yes. I wasn’t trying to plug my articles by the way, I just remembered about writing them now, and I wanted to know what people think of my debut working media performance :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela