website statistics

Modern Pentathlon AMPC Asian/Oceanian Championships 2019

hckošice

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't know, however NZ sometimes declines continental places, so probably that is her main concern.

Looking over their selection policies, there isn't one for modern pentathlon, one of the few sports without one. I guess the Olympic committee thought they had no chance at qualifying :p

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

That is, if NZOC selects her.

Qualifications in modern pentathlon are for athletes, not for NOC. The "choosing" is only in the case when there is more than two from the same NOC qualified, which surely won't be the case for New Zealand.

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

And one more thing - before Fakhrutdinova and Savkin changed from :RUSto :UZB, some people here were sure of "free" quota for :KGZ. Well, the first non-qualified NOC is... :THA .

That's probably because the Thai team got over their fear of horses. :p

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Qualifications in modern pentathlon are for athletes, not for NOC. The "choosing" is only in the case when there is more than two from the same NOC qualified, which surely won't be the case for New Zealand.

The NOC can still decline the quota. Their lack of selection policy gives me hope. At the very least the athlete can argue it.

50 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The NOC can still decline the quota. Their lack of selection policy gives me hope. At the very least the athlete can argue it.

I doubt they would. It's the only way to promote this sport in NZL, breaking the monopole of Australia on the continent for more than just this time.

Just now, Vojthas said:

I doubt they would. It's the only way to promote this sport in NZL, breaking the monopole of Australia on the continent for more than just this time.

To be fair, they have declined continental spots in fencing, archery, table tennis before. For fencing it was not even an Oceanian spot, but rather Asian/Oceanian! :wacko:

#banbestmen