website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

Welcome @Rohan! I believe you’re the user I got to join over at Reddit. Always nice to see new faces, enjoy the forum :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Welcome! @Olympian1010 recruited me from reddit too. It's a great place to follow all kinds of sports going on literally every day.

But clearly Totallympics is better :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ooh looks like I wasn't clear at all, I of course meant to say Totallympics is a great place to follow all kinds of sports! The Olympics subreddit is a little disappointing outside of Olympic season. During the Olympics I really love the livethreads and the constant result threads.

I'm considering writing some previews for the subreddit on my favorite disciplines (road cycling, 5K+ distance running and triathlon).

• 2 weeks later...

Eh-Oh! Another American joins the forum! (another member of the media as well ;)). Welcome @Quaker2001 (I’d guess Northern New York based on the name)! We love users that are active. Have a wonderful time around the forum (and a late Merry Christmas)!

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Eh-Oh! Another American joins the forum! (another member of the media as well ;)). Welcome @Quaker2001 (I’d guess Northern New York based on the name)! We love users that are active. Have a wonderful time around the forum (and a late Merry Christmas)!

Thank you!  Glad to be here.  Been looking for a forum online for discussion the Olympics and Olympic sports.  Looks like I'm in the right place!

I'm actually from NYC.  The "Quaker2001" name is a reference to where and when I went to school.  I am indeed in the media.  As I told another poster, I actually worked for NBC once upon a time, including working in Salt Lake at the Olympics in 2002.  Definitely one of the more fun sports experiences of my life!