website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

3 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I was just looking for something related to olympics. I just saw the name and thought it's a news site about Olympic. Then maybe after a half an hour I decided to register. So I am here.

Similar to what happened to me honestly 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Writing on forums has been on a downhill trend for years now. We shouldn't kid ourselves, we are in the minority here. :d Whenever i say to someone "forums", the response is "are you living 20 years in the past". Everything is facebook and instagram now (sadly).

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Writing on forums has been on a downhill trend for years now. We shouldn't kid ourselves, we are in the minority here. :d Whenever i say to someone "forums", the response is "are you living 20 years in the past". Everything is facebook and instagram now (sadly).

I think Facebook is in the downhill trend as well.

I don't think if Totallympics opened 10 years before we would have many more users now. We are a niche forum and social networks are very generalists. The level of quality of sports discussion on Facebook and Instagram is crazy low :d

11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

7 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I think Facebook is in the downhill trend as well.

I don't think if Totallympics opened 10 years before we would have many more users now. We are a niche forum and social networks are very generalists. The level of quality of sports discussion on Facebook and Instagram is crazy low :d

I think chat rooms have replaced forums too. Discord, WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. are much more popular than forums now, and, at least from my experience running our podcast Discord, they run better and function similarly.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hi @Laraja! Always nice to have another Brazilian on the forum. Feel free to chat anywhere.

Welcome to the forum @AmateursDeSports! Enjoy your time on here, and feel free to say hello!