website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

I think it's normal there are less new users now than in the past, I think all Olympic sport fans know Totallympics so the only ones who can still register are those who never wanted to register before. And other potential new users are very young users who were too young to be interested in the forum in the past few years.

Also, we sometimes have pleasant comebacks, like @rybak

I remember the first user who registered on the forum back in March 2011 was @phelps, which I already knew from another Italian forum. It was weird to post initially when me and him were the only 2 users of the forum :d

53 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I know,one among those earliest registered regular users. :)

I was visiting forum from 2011 but i registered in January 2012.

I registered in the run-up to London Olympics as well. Most likely April or May 2012

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

I registered in the run-up to London Olympics as well. Most likely April or May 2012

I registered after the 2018 Winter Olympics when I was for Tokyo 2020 qualification. Someone had posted the PDFs, so I was saving them to my google drive (essentially taking advantage of their work), when I saw a thread called Biathlon qualification for 2018 Winter Olympics. As I was looking around, I saw user complaining that the IBU made it impossible for Brazil to get any quotas. I said, I think I like these people, so I visited a few more times, and the joined the forum during the 2018 Commonwealth Games :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

I think it's normal there are less new users now than in the past, I think all Olympic sport fans know Totallympics so the only ones who can still register are those who never wanted to register before. And other potential new users are very young users who were too young to be interested in the forum in the past few years.

Also, we sometimes have pleasant comebacks, like @rybak

I remember the first user who registered on the forum back in March 2011 was @phelps, which I already knew from another Italian forum. It was weird to post initially when me and him were the only 2 users of the forum :d

I get the feeling that a lot my generation could care less about this stuff, but my generation is still highly interested in the Olympics, so maybe will get a few more users in the run up to the games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela