website statistics

BMX Freestyle at the Urban Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

Totallympics

So, I was checking the start list to BMX Freestyle's final tomorrow, and Anthony Jeanjean :FRA is the only cyclist from a country out the Olympic Ranking in the final. Then, it's pratically assecurated his quota to the Olympics. Once the Olympic Ranking is almost defined with :RUS:USA:JPN:VEN:GBR:AUS getting quotas through it.  Kenneth Fabian from :CRC is the second highest cyclist and he is also, pretty close to get the second ticket to Tokyo.

On the women's competition there are five cyclists disputing directly the Olympic quotas in the final. They are representing :FRA:ESP:CHI:ARG:AUS

Women, according to the UCI Site:

1. Hannah Roberts :USA 

2. Macarena Perez Grasset :CHI 

3. Charlotte Worthington :GBR 

Quota Places for :USA and :CHI. And depending on who will win the ranking quotas ( :USA for sure) next in line are in that order :GBR:GER:SUI:AUS:FRA:ARG 

Men's result

1. Brandon Loupus :AUS 

2. Martin Logan :AUS 

3. Nick Bruce :USA 

Quota places right now for :AUS and :USA. Next in line after the ranking quotas are distributed (and considering that :JPN has the host quota) are :RUS:VEN:GBR:FRA:CRC:ECU 

Womens' competition it's not defined yet. Once the Olympic Ranking may be a few changes till the last update. However, the Olympic quotas through this championship likely go to Macarena Perez :CHI and Natalya Diehm :AUS

The same situation at men's competition.Very probably Anthony Jeanjean:FRA get his quota. The second may go to Daniel Dhers :VEN or Kenneth Fabian :CRC. Eventually both will get their quotas through Olympic Ranking, this championship or the extra spot if Japan qualifies by Olympic Ranking.

Man the men’s 26 trials competition was awesome. I really enjoy watching trials. You can’t go wrong watching cycling, it’s all good.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Laraja said:

Let's make a looby for Trials becomes an Olympic Sport :clap:

Not nearly enough countries, but it should be in something like the Urban Games or World Games. I don’t know what the UCI has against the World Games, but it’s a shame they won’t like these disciplines try there luck there. Trails would be a great inclusion at something like the European Championships or European Games too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Man the men’s 26 trials competition was awesome. I really enjoy watching trials. You can’t go wrong watching cycling, it’s all good.

My definition of awesome is decidedly different from this. This makes no sense to me as a sport, really. Even kinball seems more interesting.

16 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

My definition of awesome is decidedly different from this. This makes no sense to me as a sport, really. Even kinball seems more interesting.

Alright captain positivity :p. Trials reminds me a lot of climbing and a few other sports I love, so that may be why I like it. It’s also just something rather unique, and it’s fun to see the crazy things people can do with a bike. Kinball is king of course. It seems to formed a sort of cult presence on the forum :d

Trials is in the BMX Freestyle championships? :yikes: It's definitely something different than freestyle..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!