website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Pretty much impossible to find any more info, but apparently the Japanese and American women's team pursuit teams crashed together during today's first round in Cambridge :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Pretty much impossible to find any more info, but apparently the Japanese and American women's team pursuit teams crashed together during today's first round in Cambridge :facepalm: 

Yes, the event was interrupted for 30 minutes, it seems a very bad crash. I haven't other news honestly..

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, the event was interrupted for 30 minutes, it seems a very bad crash. I haven't other news honestly..

Too bad the Eurosport Player only showed the session after that one (where an Indian in the team sprint had a rather explosive tyre, btw).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Too bad the live stream didn't have session one of today yet...

FvtAbwr.png

Maksel and Perkins did start in the repechages, Awang did not. Hopefully he's alright..

Awesome to see Jai Angsuthasawit of Thailand getting more and more involved in keirin finals at this level. Too bad he had a HARD crash in today's semi's, hitting the deck at 75+ km/h, but luckily being able to start the small final and finish second there.

Saw the earlier crash as well, Awang went down pretty hard due to a dumb move by Kawabata. He did walk away though, somewhat bruised.

(TP women)
By my calculations, Belgium lead France by 130pts. The difference in pts between 5/6 6/7 7/8 for Worlds is 150pts.

2 more competitions left.

In Brisbane,Two sub 3:49 in Men TP
Poland women TS greatly improved.
Double Colombian delight in Keirin.

(TS men)
With back to back wins in NZL and AUS, Japan closing in for 8th place.
Australia in danger of missing out..2moro, a much clearer picture will appear as UCI rankings will be updated

il y a 57 minutes, ratelesjo a dit :

(TP women)
By my calculations, Belgium lead France by 130pts. The difference in pts between 5/6 6/7 7/8 for Worlds is 150pts.

2 more competitions left.

Belgium needs a 5th position to gain points (if they compete in Milton), France needs a 4th position.

Citation

(TS men)
With back to back wins in NZL and AUS, Japan closing in for 8th place.
Australia in danger of missing out..2moro, a much clearer picture will appear as UCI rankings will be updated

Nope, Australia is quite comfortable, if my calculations are alright (which I doubt) :

NED : 8550

FRA : 7192,5

GB : 6907,5

NZ : 6675

AUS : 6457,5

GER : 6382,5

JPN : 6375

8. POL : 6135

9. RUS : 6135

Not the best World Cup of all. Bad falls in the men's keirin all over the place, half the women's omnium field went down hard in the scratch (more than half even, I think), Edmondson was fighting for the omnium win in the points race and crashed out, taking a Taiwanese rider with her who seemed to be hurt pretty bad. Way too many accidents for my liking and that's while knowing these things happen on the track.