website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Me too. However, knowing IOC/UCi, that is not going to happen. Therefore, between the previous omnium and endurance omnium, I'll always pick the endurance omnium.

talking only of the omnium discipline, my favourite format was the Rio 2016 one...and not because of Viviani's Gold medal...I would say the same even if no Italians were good at that...

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

talking onlu of the omnium discipline, my favourite format was the Rio 2016 one...and not because of Viviani's Gold medal...I would say the same even if any Italian were good at that...

That format was excellent indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I personally hope that track cycling gets a huge increase in Olympic events, as the velodrome is expensive but poorly used. The omnium is an interesting event, although I miss flying lap in it. On the other hand, I don’t think it is possible to make an omnium that is highly based on sprint event rather than endurance. Even make it 50:50 is difficult, as sprint events are almost based on 1vs1. I guess that the best thing would be eliminate the tempo race, which is too short to make a difference and whose points are not counted in the final classification (as it happens with point race) and substitute it with flying lap, making it the starting event of the omnium

Just now, AlFHg said:

I personally hope that track cycling gets a huge increase in Olympic events, as the velodrome is expensive but poorly used. The omnium is an interesting event, although I miss flying lap in it. On the other hand, I don’t think it is possible to make an omnium that is highly based on sprint event rather than endurance. Even make it 50:50 is difficult, as sprint events are almost based on 1vs1. I guess that the best thing would be eliminate the tempo race, which is too short to make a difference and whose points are not counted in the final classification (as it happens with point race) and substitute it with flying lap, making it the starting event of the omnium

The kilometer isn't and neither is the flying lap.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

The kilometer isn't and neither is the flying lap.

But the kilometer suffers from being a relatively time consuming event from the tv point of view. I would love it being a standalone event as all other, but as a omnium event it is very difficult it gets in, especially if IOC keeps it in single day format

1 minute ago, AlFHg said:

But the kilometer suffers from being a relatively time consuming event from the tv point of view. I would love it being a standalone event as all other, but as a omnium event it is very difficult it gets in, especially if IOC keeps it in single day format

Yeah, IOC is the problem, not the event :d 

Too bad, I've given up hope for most sports in seeing them change in a good way.

At least Eurosport Player finally has a session :d The last one, but alright, better than nothing

48 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Who said we needed TV coverage :) ?

On French TV : "we don't understand shit to tempo race so let's put some adds" 

That is true and I agree, but it looks like that who’s taking decision disagrees. But still likes selling broadcasting rights to Discovery, not exactly a public television

I enjoyed this World Cup so much. An incredible world record for Ganna  :yes and good results for the Dutch sprinters, especially Lavreysen.

But probably these were the last wins of the Dutch sprinters.

Next week GB will ride on their new bikes, so no chances for the other countries anymore :cry:.