website statistics

Wrestling UWW Under 23 World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Indian steady improvement is building up in GR.......  We were absolute no hopers at the world level...... Barring a couple of names like pappu yadav........ But now at the end of day 1 of GR...... Sajan kumar who is the best GR wrestler currently lost the Semis closely and I feel will medal tomorrow in 77 GR ..... Halakuri played well lost closely to RUS in the QF in the lowest weight and will play in the repechage and then we have sunil still alive in repechage so three will vie for medals tomorrow and both sajsn and halakuri have a good chancefor a medal ..... @MHSN how do you rate these two and chances of a medal......  Also tomorrow both Ravinder and Sachin are better known Indians in GR so :bowdown:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Indian steady improvement is building up in GR.......  We were absolute no hopers at the world level...... Barring a couple of names like pappu yadav........ But now at the end of day 1 of GR...... Sajan kumar who is the best GR wrestler currently lost the Semis closely and I feel will medal tomorrow in 77 GR ..... Halakuri played well lost closely to RUS in the QF in the lowest weight and will play in the repechage and then we have sunil still alive in repechage so three will vie for medals tomorrow and both sajsn and halakuri have a good chancefor a medal ..... @MHSN how do you rate these two and chances of a medal......  Also tomorrow both Ravinder and Sachin are better known Indians in GR so :bowdown:

I was expecting Sajan to make it to the final. but his poor defense in par terre cost him the final. he will be huge favorite for the bronze. not sure if you watched the 55kg IND/RUS but your wrestler was leading 12-9 until the last 20-30 seconds. he was very impressive in that match but still for winning the bronze he has to beat 2 very good wrestlers, I don't think that happens. for Sunil it will be even harder.

from what I noticed, India is a very bad matchup for Russia ! even when Russia wins, they have to work really hard for that. Indian wrestlers are great in making their opponents tired but I can see all of your Greco wrestlers are weak in defending parterre and that will be costly against top wrestlers. 1 caution is enough for a Russian wrestler to beat you 8-0. unlike freestyle, parterre is VERY important in Greco. Sajan dominated the Japanese guy but when they gave him a passivity caution (which was dubious) the Japanese easily scored a 4pts throw. I mean really easily.

Edited by MHSN

First set of medals in Greco

55kg:

1. :JPN Ogawa

2. :RUS Sefershaev

3. :AZE Aliyev & :TUR Ozturk

63kg:

1. :IRI Delkhani

2. :GEO Kavjaradze

3. :RUS Valitov & :BLR Nehoda

77kg:

1. :RUS Opiev

2. :JPN Sakuraba

3. :TUR Akkoyun & :KAZ Shadukayev

87kg:

1. :UKR Novikov

2. :GEO Khetsuriani

3. :BLR Maskevich & :CUB Gregorich

130kg:

1. :IRI Yousefi

2. :GEO Pataridze

3. :TUR Yildrim & :ARM Ovasapyan

12 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

:EGY Mohamed Ibrahim won his 2nd consecutive U23 world title men's -67 kg just very few days after winning gold medal in military games WOW this guy is just on fire and I think he's able of going really big in Tokyo 

Actually I won't be surprised if he wins the gold in Tokyo . he is one of the favorites for sure and deserved a bronze this year in Astana (and I believe he got robbed)

Last day of Greco

60kg:

1. :ARM Melikyan

2. :KGZ Sharshenbekov

3. :IRI Mohsennejad & :RUS Petrosian

67kg:

1. :EGY El Sayed

2. :BLR Liavonchyk

3. :IRI Imentalab & :UKR Politaiev

72kg:

1. :IRI Geraei

2. :AZE Suleymanov

3. :UKR Yevtushenko & :MDA Petic

82kg:

1. :RUS Alirzaev

2. :CRO Luburic

3. :GEO Rikadze & :KAZ Polivadov

97kg:

1. :FIN Savolainen

2. :GEO Melia

3. :IRI Saravi & :BLR Kaminski

---------------------------------------------------

Team ranking:

1. :IRI Iran 122

2. :GEO Georgia 121

3. :RUS Russia 118

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Actually I won't be surprised if he wins the gold in Tokyo . he is one of the favorites for sure and deserved a bronze this year in Astana (and I believe he got robbed)

Yes I think he can win gold too but always u can't know what will happen in Egyptian sport I don't doubt if he says after 2 months that the federation is fighting with him and he decides to work in a Supermarket in Romania or Georgia or something :d