website statistics

Wrestling UWW Under 23 World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Brackets are available for the first day of freestyle, I can't see any World Senior Championship caliber wrestler in brackets but it will be interesting.

Iran team already lost a wrestler before the competition. the 79kg guy denied visa. :facepalm: not Hungary's fault though. the wrestler himself made a mistake.

Edited by MHSN

41 minutes ago, MHSN said:

First day Semifinalists:

57: :RUS vs :CUB / :KAZ vs :IRI

65: :FRA vs :AZE / :JPN vs :KGZ

70: :UKR vs :GEO / :IRI vs :RUS

79: :TUR vs :GEO / :AZE vs :IND

97: :IRI vs :BLR / :UKR vs :RUS

The indian Veer dev in 97 has been a junior world medallist so is a good best 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

As a wrestling fan I love to have more competitions, I enjoy watching it but this tournament really looks unnecessary, if you are good enough after the 20 you will make the main team of your country. some of these guys here aren't the best U23 wrestlers in their own country, because their U23 wrestler already participated at the World Seniors this year and need rest. instead we have lots of U20 wrestlers won medal here, for example 65kg gold medalist only won a bronze at World juniors !!!

but the tournament still exists , so there is the list of medalists

57kg:

1. :CUB Andreu

2. :KAZ Askarov

3. :IRI Sarlak & :AZE Khashalov

65kg:

1. :AZE Bayramov

2. :JPN Taniyama

3. :UKR Nykyforuk & :MDA Sacultan

70kg:

1. :GEO Skhulukhia

2. :RUS Valiev

3. :AZE Ibragimov & :JPN Seno

79kg:

1. :GEO Gaphrindashvili

2. :AZE Abakarov

3. :RUS Valiev & :TUR Sari

97kg:

1. :IRI Goleij

2. :RUS Musaev

3. :UKR Stasiuk & :BLR Khramiankou

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

As a wrestling fan I love to have more competitions, I enjoy watching it but this tournament really looks unnecessary, if you are good enough after the 20 you will make the main team of your country. some of these guys here aren't the best U23 wrestlers in their own country, because their U23 wrestler already participated at the World Seniors this year and need rest. instead we have lots of U20 wrestlers won medal here, for example 65kg gold medalist only won a bronze at World juniors !!!

but the tournament still exists , so there is the list of medalists

57kg:

1. :CUB Andreu

2. :KAZ Askarov

3. :IRI Sarlak & :AZE Khashalov

65kg:

1. :AZE Bayramov

2. :JPN Taniyama

3. :UKR Nykyforuk & :MDA Sacultan

70kg:

1. :GEO Skhulukhia

2. :RUS Valiev

3. :AZE Ibragimov & :JPN Seno

79kg:

1. :GEO Gaphrindashvili

2. :AZE Abakarov

3. :RUS Valiev & :TUR Sari

97kg:

1. :IRI Goleij

2. :RUS Musaev

3. :UKR Stasiuk & :BLR Khramiankou

I like the idea as it helps junior wrestlers transition to the seniors...........also helps build the second string in weight classes where they may be a good wrestler already established...... Ravi who won a bronze in 57 at the world Championships for India came up through the u23 championships ..... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

6 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I like the idea as it helps junior wrestlers transition to the seniors...........also helps build the second string in weight classes where they may be a good wrestler already established...... Ravi who won a bronze in 57 at the world Championships for India came up through the u23 championships ..... 

of course I'm not complaining, more competition, more fun for me :d my point is, this is not as prestigious as World Juniors (U20) because at the juniors we have all best U20 wrestlers in the world. not the same here.

and the level is relative, very good in  some weights and very poor in some other weights.

btw your 61kg Ravinder is the biggest surprise of the competition, he dominated the Russian wrestler 11-0 and then pinned the European Senior Champion Harutynyan in the semis :d considering he didn't medal in World Juniors this year, that's quite an improvement for such a short time, I have to say 61kg was one of those weights in a very high level.

the same goes to our 74kg, he didn't medal at World Juniors but he was impressive here, beating the Russian wrestler of Hungary (who was very good in World Seniors this year)

18 часов назад, MHSN сказал:

instead we have lots of U20 wrestlers won medal here, for example 65kg gold medalist only won a bronze at World juniors !!!

Turan is huge talant. It was just a bad luck that he didnt beat Magsoudi in Junior semis. Not the best example you brought up.

Second medal day medalists

61kg:

1. :KGZ Zholdoshbekov

2. :IND Ravinder

3. :JPN Hayama & :RUS Takhtarov

74kg:

1. :RUS Zhamalov

2. :IRI Nokhodi

3. :GEO Sulava & :MGL Byambadorj

86kg:

1. :IRI Ghasempour

2. :AZE Magomedsaidov