Gold: :JOR Mohammad Aljafari
Silver: :EGY Hossam Ghonem
Bronze: :POR Vasco Melo & :UKR Viktor Schevchenko

men's Cadet, +70kg
Gold: :CAN Ethan Small
Silver: :JOR Ibrahim Shamoun
Bronze: :TUR Kadir Furkan Genc & :RUS Konstantin Kokovurov

Edited by phelps

:TUR Turkey and :JOR Jordan dominating the field among the cadets in the Kumite events...

and behind them, very widely spread range of medallists, coming from all over the world, confirming once again the universality and great participation of the sport of Karate...

but better have at the Olympics "things" like breakdancing, BMX freestyle, 3x3 basketball and so on...:whistle::pope:

Dominik Dziuda is another great talent from Maciej Gałowski's stable. If the boy doesn't mess up his mind, in a few years he will be the second world champion in karate, who trained at Olimp Lodz. Doraw Banaszczyk is the only hope to show his skills at tatami in Tokyo. Gawłowski knows his training.

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

:TUR Turkey and :JOR Jordan dominating the field among the cadets in the Kumite events...

and behind them, very widely spread range of medallists, coming from all over the world, confirming once again the universality and great participation of the sport of Karate...

but better have at the Olympics "things" like breakdancing, BMX freestyle, 3x3 basketball and so on...:whistle::pope:

What does not suit you in these sports? Breakdance is also a very controversial topic for me to join him in the Olympic family.

3 minutes ago, TomJa said:

What does not suit you in these sports? Breakdance is also a very controversial topic for me to join him in the Olympic family.

I already wrote many very long pamphletes against all the "judged sports" at the Olympics...

but in some cases, like Artistic Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics, those freestyle freaks and above all breakdance, to me they are just NOT sports at all...they are just entertaining shows which have nothing to do with real competition (which to me it's almost only man vs man or man vs time)...

Olympic Motto is "Altius, Citius, Fortius"...and those activities don't match any of these criteria to elect their "champions", therefore they shouldn't even be recognized as true sports by the IOC...

that's my point of view about this question (to make it short...don't want to get anybody "bored to death" :lol:)...

obviously, I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but at the same time, it would take a miracle to make me change my mind on that...

Edited by phelps

39 minut temu, phelps napisał:

I already wrote many very long pamphletes against all the "judged sports" at the Olympics...

but in some cases, like Artistic Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics, those freestyle freaks and above all breakdance, to me they are just NOT sports at all...they are just entertaining shows which have nothing to do with real competition (which to me it's almost only man vs man or man vs time)...

Olympic Motto is "Altius, Citius, Fortius"...and those activities don't match any of these criteria to elect their "champions", therefore they shouldn't even be recognized as true sports by the IOC...

that's my point of view about this question (to make it short...don't want to get anybody "bored to death" :lol:)...

obviously, I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but at the same time, it would take a miracle to make me change my mind on that...

I'm not somehow especially convinced of these sports like synchronized swimming, it has an artistic charm, but it has no future since even no TV (at least in Poland until the current championships) shows their world cup or world championships. I will say more due to the fact that I'm a devil on niche sports turns me when, for example, there were recently the Polish championships in trampoline jumping, and in the largest Polish SPORT newspaper (Przegląd Sportowy) there was no mention of the results of this event. I do not demand a relationship, but let them at least write the results from the Polish Press Agency (PAP).

t is equally strange for me that athletes under the age of 18 start at the games. Of course, he does not discriminate against any talent here and there is no one specifically in mind. However, I would make it clear that a player who has reached the senior age can represent his country. After entering the skatebording program, or are we talking about disciplines where gymnastic fitness is required (synchronic swimming, etc.), and we also hear more and more loudly about the entry of breakdancing, this boundary will be strongly shaken. The fact that in dance or skateboard etc. for physical fitness over the age of 25, but for me sick that 11-year-old or someone of a similar age would win the Olympic medal.

In a moment someone will say that competitors in the middle or advanced age start in horse riding or shooting. However, the division into seniors, juniors and juniors is used for a reason. Yes, I see it and I know that these are very controversial theses, but this is my opinion and I am ready for dialogue on your part.

Iran is not participating at all :thumbdown:

no money to send a full team the other side of world ! our federation is spending all they have on the senior team and Karate-1 competitions for the Olympic quotas. and Chile is really far, they didn't send a team to Serie A event in Chile as well.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Neither does a sport where they barely touch each other :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Neither does a sport where they barely touch each other :p 

Karate has objective criteria to determine how points are scored...:pope:

p.s. and Citius = faster is one of them...:evil:

Edited by phelps

Day #3 Medallists

Individual Kumite

women's Juniors, -48kg
Gold: :EGY Yasmin Nasr Elgewily
Silver:  :RUS Elizaveta Grigoleva
Bronze: :AUT Aleksandra Grujic & :FRA Margot Soulier

women's Juniors, -53kg