Equestrian FEI Dressage Group F Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

Entry list...

:RSA South Africa

Laurienne Dittmann (Don Weltino K)

Gretha Ferreira (Lertevangs Lavinia)

Tanya Seymour (Ramoneur)

Nicole Smith (Chi La Rou)

So... This will be interesting. :p As long as they finish the competition, South Africans will be given a quota. :d There are many more riders actually entered, but nobody else from Group F except two Palestinians (Diana Al-Shaer and Christian Zimmermann), who obviously can't form a team.

Nevertheless, provided they finish the competition and obtain requirements, South Africans are on path to become the first ever African Olympic dressage team. And that is really cool, especially given that in 2016 they missed out on a team qualification by a ridiculously small margin of 0.06%!

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Is anyone else competing outside of Group F or will we see four South Africans performing one after the other?

Presumably they will be mixed in-between various individual riders from other nations.

Overall, entry list includes GP riders from :BEL:CHI:FIN:GEO:GER:GRE:HKG:IRI:JPN:KOR:NED:NOR:PLE:RUS:SGP:RSA:SWE:VEN. Group F nations of Iran and Palestine have individuals only.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

58 minutes ago, dcro said:

Presumably they will be mixed in-between various individual riders from other nations.

Overall, entry list includes GP riders from :BEL:CHI:FIN:GEO:GER:GRE:HKG:IRI:JPN:KOR:NED:NOR:PLE:RUS:SGP:RSA:SWE:VEN. Group F nations of Iran and Palestine have individuals only.

I know almost nothing about Equestrian :d (well obviously more than nothing but still nothing comparing to you.) is there any chance for Miss Sohi ?!

I just read an interview with Iran Eqestrian Federation president and he was very positive about it. but I learned to not trust them. I can see the current World Ranking where she is not in a good position though.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I know almost nothing about Equestrian :d (well obviously more than nothing but still nothing comparing to you.) is there any chance for Miss Sohi ?!

I just read an interview with Iran Eqestrian Federation president and he was very positive about it. but I learned to not trust them. I can see the current World Ranking where she is not in a good position though.

Well, Sohi recently took over the ride on former British team horse Don Carissimo. She scored 61.6% on debut in early October, and then just a little higher last weekend. Of course, nobody expects her to get 72-74% scores that Gareth Hughes was getting on that horse. And she doesn't need that for Tokyo anyway - 66% or more would be enough to challenge Morocco and Palestine for the individual quota places.

However, Tokyo will probably come too soon for them. Qualification period ends on December 31st, and that leaves them very little time for improvement. I watched them compete on their debut. Potential is there, but there were oh-so-many cheap rhythm mistakes, which can be only rectified with more training = more time. Participation at 2022 WEG is more realistic.

#banbestmen