website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But I quoted @dcro, who said "Also, looks like a certain Dutch athlete may have found herself some decent equipment..." :p 

Now, there's only two Dutch athletes in luge at the moment, which he'll definitely know of since they both came over from Croatia a year and a half ago or so. But I didn't really see any improvement there :d 

Sorry. I thought you meant Moldova when you wrote "a country mile behind in the Nations Cup"? :d

I will now leave this thread...

Billedresultat for homer simpson bush gif"

Just now, Wumo said:

Sorry. I thought you meant Moldova when you wrote "a country mile behind in the Nations Cup"? :d

I will now leave this thread...

Billedresultat for homer simpson bush gif"

Feel free to stay, together we'll cheer for our countrymen and women in the luge World Cup :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But I quoted @dcro, who said "Also, looks like a certain Dutch athlete may have found herself some decent equipment..." :p 

Now, there's only two Dutch athletes in luge at the moment, which he'll definitely know of since they both came over from Croatia a year and a half ago or so. But I didn't really see any improvement there :d 

Yeah, she probably never before left 20 or so racers behind. This is a MASSIVE improvement.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, she probably never before left 20 or so racers behind. This is a MASSIVE improvement.

In terms of athletes behind her, yes. In terms of times behind leaders she might be getting a little bit closer to her best results of a few years ago (but definitely not there yet).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So Ivanona wins from 13th after one run. Britcher in second, Taubitz and Tiebel managed to share third.

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Welcome to Igls :p

Igls, where the women's winner in the previous three World Cups was 2nd, 1st and 1st after the first run and the men's winner was 1st, 5th and 1st after one run :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Igls, where the women's winner in the previous three World Cups was 2nd, 1st and 1st after the first run and the men's winner was 1st, 5th and 1st after one run :p 

But i'm almost sure that the temperature was a bit more cold :p The track was awful today, after 10/15 runs it was already ruined

I don't know why they are always obsessed with Igls opening the season so early...

places like this and the German track should only be used for official competition in January...that's the only month of the year cold enough on average not to risk having lottery races (like it always happens in this period of the year)...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. and no matter how weather conditions are...I'm really disappointed with the Italian riders so far (waiting for Nagl/Malleier to save the day, which in any case is highly unlikely)...