website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Przed chwilą, De_Gambassi napisał:

I'm not even sure if an outdoor velodrome would be allowed to host any euro/world championship these days

Odkryj ukrytą treść

Probably from the technical issue and the organization of the mass event itself, such a solution is not an option. Simply Roubaix is my loose suggestion that will not be implemented. Unless the track buys a rich sheikh and makes it something that meets safety standards and, above all, UCI approval.

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

I'm not even sure if an outdoor velodrome would be allowed to host any euro/world championship these days

Hide contents

I'd actually be interested if someone had the answer.

This hosted 2014 European Championships... It's not even 250 m lap. It's 333.33 m.

1280px-V%C3%A9lodrome_Am%C3%A9d%C3%A9e_D

#banbestmen

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Reveal hidden contents

for sure there are no rules saying that outdoor (nor 333m/400m long) tracks are not allowed...

the 2014 Europeans, for instance, were held in Guadalupe, in a 333m long outdoor track...

however, I don't think UCI encourages this kind of choice...

Edited by phelps

There is nothing to discuss - Roubaix is ONLY private dream. However, I am not significant in UCI or Polish association. I only know a lot of people from activists, journalists and the participants themselves.

Let's consider from an organizational point of view, are the tracks on the air safer than those in the hall? You might as well try to play them on the speedway tracks and it will do the same but you will not be able to ride under the ceiling / upper band.

the last world championships held in a fully outdoor velodrome, however, dates back to 1995 (Bogotà, COL) and 1994 (Palermo, ITA)...

the 2014 Worlds, instead, were held in Cali (COL), in a semi-indoor track (a formerly outdoor velodrome, now with a roof, but not with a fully closed structure)...

WTCALI2014-1.jpg

Edited by phelps

à l’instant, phelps a dit :

p.s. and at least until 2024 (included), we will not go to outdoor venues in any case (for the World Champs)...

2020 = Berlin, GER

2021 = Ashgabat, TKM

2022 = Saint Quintin en Yvelines, FRA

2023 = Glasgow, SCO, GBR

2024 = Ballerup, DEN

Well, outdoor velodromes are a dying beast anyway.

No one is building outdoor tracks anymore.