website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Monzanator said:

Yeah, you probably missed the anti-Russian hoopla over the last few years? The further West the bigger it gets. Every single Russian athlete is suspicious these days. I bet there are thousands of Nordic sports fans who only wait until Bolshunov gets caught and banned too :lol:

Yep, just like the more east you go the more people start to bitch about Norwegians. It's how it is, I prefer to not care too much about it and just like (or not) athletes. Don't like Johaug, do like Klaebo. Don't like Ustiugov, do like Bolshunov.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

53 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You need two courses for this though. And then watch the bitching about the classic speciallists being screwed due to the course being too easy. Just too much trouble for the organizers while at the end of the day those poor sick Norwegians will still dominate. Why bother? Bolshunov represents the wrong country for anyone to get excited about him :p

But there are plenty of resorts, which are capable of having two courses. That is not the problem. It's just FIS doesn't want to invest that much in this event for some reason. I personally like it very much. Plus the norwegians will dominate every event either way. Better have some variety. :p

14 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

But there are plenty of resorts, which are capable of having two courses. That is not the problem. It's just FIS doesn't want to invest that much in this event for some reason. I personally like it very much. Plus the norwegians will dominate every event either way. Better have some variety. :p

FIS wants to kill classic anyway, the chance of skiathlon being dropped because it's half classic is bigger than there being significantly more skiathlons :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, just like the more east you go the more people start to bitch about Norwegians. It's how it is, I prefer to not care too much about it and just like (or not) athletes. Don't like Johaug, do like Klaebo. Don't like Ustiugov, do like Bolshunov.

The most bitching about the Norwegians is probably up in Sweden which isn't East but North :sure:

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

We haven't gone through the "Tour de Ski favors freestyle" mess yet :raspberry:  There is zero chance FIS allows any kind of variety that threatens the Norwegian dominance IMO.

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The most bitching about the Norwegians is probably up in Sweden which isn't East but North :sure:

Yeah......until you decide to check out some of the Russian sports news websites where the cross-country sections have a laser focus on Norway that's nothing compared to the focus in the big bad west on Russia :p 

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah......until you decide to check out some of the Russian sports news websites where the cross-country sections have a laser focus on Norway that's nothing compared to the focus in the big bad west on Russia :p 

Norway has symbicort approved as legal. Give me a call when at least one Norwegian who doesn't have asthma wins a World Cup race. Just one! I won't watch it myself since like I've said before, I have zero interest in the Norwegian national champs presented by Symbicort.

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Norway has symbicort approved as legal. Give me a call when at least one Norwegian who doesn't have asthma wins a World Cup race. Just one! I won't watch it myself since like I've said before, I have zero interest in the Norwegian national champs presented by Symbicort.

Ok.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, you probably missed the anti-Russian hoopla over the last few years? The further West the bigger it gets. Every single Russian athlete is suspicious these days. I bet there are thousands of Nordic sports fans who only wait until Bolshunov gets caught and banned too :lol:

I don't think he'll be caught...but tomorrow is likely his last day on the tour...:whistle::facepalm:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

like Johaug, don't like Klaebo...like all Norwegian women...don't like all Norwegian men...

oh, wait...it's the same for every Nation! like all the women, don't like all the men! :yikes::rofl::lol:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

I don't think he'll be caught...but tomorrow is likely his last day on the tour...:whistle::facepalm:

You have some mystery inside info? :p