website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

At least Taynara da Silva will represent Brazil in Pokjluka, making her IBU debut.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=cc&competitorid=223093

Not sure if there's going to be anyone else, but I'm sure @brunamoura can fill us in on that (and potential Australians and New Zealanders going there).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Em 09/12/2019 em 18:12, heywoodu disse:

At least Taynara da Silva will represent Brazil in Pokjluka, making her IBU debut.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=cc&competitorid=223093

Not sure if there's going to be anyone else, but I'm sure @brunamoura can fill us in on that (and potential Australians and New Zealanders going there).

Australia: Christian Mahon, David Paterson and Lulu Miskin (maybe also Isabela Moon)

New Zealand: Campbell (I forgot his surname ?)

*JonteTresure was supposed to race there. But he broke his hand two days ago and after surgery was sent back to Australia today. We all are very sorry for him, he was excited about going to YOG but it's not possible anymore. We really hope he can recover fast and without any problems ?

Edited by brunamoura

Participating nations in Pokljkuka:

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1920/BT/JIBU/CP01/JWIN/BT_C45C2_1.0.pdf

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That is a lot of nations.  If you do not know all of the codes, here they are.

I love that 33 nations care enough to send or help send someone.  Too bad the US did not send anyone.  :(

Edited by RobtheAggie

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

That is a lot of nations.  If you do not know all of the codes, here they are.

I love that 33 nations care enough to send or help send someone.  Too bad the US did not send anyone.  :(

Well it is a YOG year. Many will be trying to get their athletes some last minute experience I imagine.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Happy to see Croatia trying to rise in the scene with 7 athletes starting (5 boys and 2 girls)

5 boys and 1 girl for Bosnia & Herzegovina as well.

4 + 3 for Serbia

And quite a few athletes for M... what I can only think of is Macedonia.

Happy that we weren't reluctant and sent 5 boys as well, the extra funding this year is helping a bit. Only two girls though, so here's to hoping that they want to do biathlon until 36 years old so we can get a women's relay going once again during our Biathlon history.

22 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Happy to see Croatia trying to rise in the scene with 7 athletes starting (5 boys and 2 girls)

5 boys and 1 girl for Bosnia & Herzegovina as well.

4 + 3 for Serbia

Happy that we weren't reluctant and sent 5 boys as well, the extra funding this year is helping a bit. Only two girls though, so here's to hoping that they want to do biathlon until 36 years old so we can get a women's relay going once again during our Biathlon history.

M could be Moldova as well. They’ve had a few biathletes as of recently. Could also be Mongolia if they’re not on the list.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Stavre Jada is from Macedonia is listed in the IBU Cup start list as only M .  He carried the flag in 2018 Olympics.  

Image result for Stavre Jada"

Edited by RobtheAggie