website statistics

Women's Water Polo LEN European Championship 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Pifta said:

Perfect example was the Oceanian Weightlifting championship. 1st Australia, 2nd New Zealand and noone else. There is nobody in the rest of the 12 countries who can lift at least 5 kg? That automaticly means a bronze. 

Not a perfect example. If there are any sports where island nations can not only compete, but also beat Australia/NZL, they are rugby and weightlifting. :p

#banbestmen

Yeah, rugby and weightlifting are pretty much the top sports for Pacific Nations...

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Hopefully IOC will make it a 12-teams tournament soon. :p

One can only wish :p. Too bad the IOC is allergic to more athlete quotas. Maybe they'll reduce it to 10 person teams :p

54 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:RUS 34 - 1 :CRO

Did Croatia know they couldn't win and decided to save their strength for Slovakia to ensure they would reach the quarter-finals?

Or is it just women's water polo?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:RUS 34 - 1 :CRO

Did Croatia know they couldn't win and decided to save their strength for Slovakia to ensure they would reach the quarter-finals?

It's women's water polo. Or more like water polo. The sport is just incredibly unpopular, even in Europe, and we can see it from the results. The women's tournament should just go back to having 8 teams, and the men's back to 12 at the Euros.. 

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Or is it just women's water polo?

5 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It's women's water polo. Or more like water polo. The sport is just incredibly unpopular, even in Europe, and we can see it from the results. The women's tournament should just go back to having 8 teams, and the men's back to 12 at the Euros.. 

I know, I guess I was expecting Croatia to "only" lose by 20 goals :p

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I know, I guess I was expecting Croatia to "only" lose by 20 goals :p

I predicted 25, I'm a little satisfied :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!