website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

5 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I love the pursuit.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

I hate it in the IBU Cup though, one less opportunity to get IBU points.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hate it in the IBU Cup though, one less opportunity to get IBU points.

I did not know the pursuit did not earn IBU points.  Or are you saying for those who miss the top 60 do not have a chance to earn points.  

So a weird race for sure today.  Congrats to Nawrath, Gjesbakk and Fratzscher.  

Pettersen missed 8 shots and only ended up in 13th, 1:42 behind.  He must have been flying out there.  Bogetveit missed 7 and finished 17th.  Tambornino missed 10 and dropped from his start point of 17th all the way to 40th.  

No real surprise but Gjesbakk leads the overall with 157, and Fratzscher has 156.

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I did not know the pursuit did not earn IBU points.  Or are you saying for those who miss the top 60 do not have a chance to earn points.  

No, IBU qualifying points are only available in the sprint and individual and - since they exist - also the supersprint qualifying and the short individual.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, IBU qualifying points are only available in the sprint and individual and - since they exist - also the supersprint qualifying and the short individual.

Ahh, now I get It.  I found this.  So have the rules changed from this?  Is there a location where the list is published?

30 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Ahh, now I get It.  I found this.  So have the rules changed from this?  Is there a location where the list is published?

No, this has been one of my main annoyances for a few years now: IBU makes such a big deal of these points but they are not published anywhere. Well, I once stumbled upon a PDF apparently hosted by the Canadian federation of the standings after some trimester, but there is no place where it's simply updated. Look at FIS: it can be so incredibly easy, but IBU just outright refuses it. 

It's a highly important list for smaller nations, yet it's nowhere to be found and keeping track of it manually has proven to be practically impossible.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, this has been one of my main annoyances for a few years now: IBU makes such a big deal of these points but they are not published anywhere. Well, I once stumbled upon a PDF apparently hosted by the Canadian federation of the standings after some trimester, but there is no place where it's simply updated. Look at FIS: it can be so incredibly easy, but IBU just outright refuses it. 

It's a highly important list for smaller nations, yet it's nowhere to be found and keeping track of it manually has proven to be practically impossible.

Here is the only list that I could find online.  I wonder if it is behind the login wall here.

2 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Here is the only list that I could find online.  I wonder if it is behind the login wall here.

Yes, that's the kind of list I want so badly because it's important, but IBU says no..

I think I've once seen it's not behind that login wall, but am not entirely sure.

Congrats to Hoegberg, Starykh and Glazyrina.  Magnusson moved up from 31 to 11.  Carrara went from 15th to 41st.

As anticipated, Germany and Norway will be strong.  Russia and Sweden as well.

A week off before Ridnaun.

Supersprint

Sprint 

Mass Start 60.