website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Tracks in Nove Mesto are looking terrible. In fact, they're almost looking non-existing, it's just a brownish mess of what maybe once was snow :cry: 

There is no snow in this part of Europe so what did you expect? We had more rain than snow this 'winter' in Poland so I suppose Czech Republic is no different.

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

There is no snow in this part of Europe so what did you expect? We had more rain than snow this 'winter' in Poland so I suppose Czech Republic is no different.

I am aware of that, but still it's an even more sorry sight than I had slightly hoped for (and I kind of had the Jizerska Padesatka landscape still in my mind, which was beautiful, but that's already a while back and probably in a different part of the country anyway :p ).

X5ewLCS.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Is this the first time that there is so little snow in the majority of the WC tracks? I haven't seen a lot of seasons in their entirety but this year seems far worse than others, the 2017/2018 season was a completely different story.

The Czech athletes/Staff/federation are not happy at all, Michal Krčmář said this "will be like sex without orgasm" :p Eva Puskarčíková answered "sex without orgasm and second person" :lol: and criticized the government decision as well

3 hours ago, Bohemia said:

Is this the first time that there is so little snow in the majority of the WC tracks? I haven't seen a lot of seasons in their entirety but this year seems far worse than others, the 2017/2018 season was a completely different story.

I can remember some pretty bad weeks about the early 2000s. Think we were in the same place three weeks in a row once.  Was it Pokljuka?

Edited by Grassmarket

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I can remember some pretty bad weeks about the early 2000s. Think we were in the same place three weeks in a row once.  Was it Pokljuka?

It's definitely too old for me to remember :lol: thank you for your answer :)

33 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Half of the 2000/01 season was held in Anterselva :p

They hosted three rounds in December 2000 replacing Hochfilzen, Pokljuka AND Osrblie :lol: Then in January they hosted their own scheduled round.