website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No, I like the pursuit as a race, no problem with that. The format shouldn't change, it just shouldn't be the case that BOTH the sprint and pursuit are awarded Olympic medals. About biathlon-specific events like the world championships or World Cup, I find it much less of a problem.

They could try the handicaped type race.  Were the top 30 qualify and the one who was last in the sprint goes first at set times.  That way, in theory, all 30 would cross the finish line at the same time.  I think it could be a really interesting race to watch.  

2 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

They could try the handicaped type race.  Were the top 30 qualify and the one who was last in the sprint goes first at set times.  That way, in theory, all 30 would cross the finish line at the same time.  I think it could be a really interesting race to watch.  

Yes, for a World Cup or an exhibition race. In an Olympic event, everyone should have the same chances from the start on, no handicaps or bonus times or whatever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It has been confirmed Simon Schempp will not be part of the German team for the upcoming WCH in Antholz-Anterselva. The German national coach, Mark Kirchner, states Schmepp's lack of speed and fitness level are the reasons behind the decision. As a consequence of his poor fitness level, Schempp will no longer be part of the World Cup team. Kirchner says the next goal for Schempp is the European Championships in Otepää in the end of February. 

This must be a really heartbreaking decision for Schempp. Some of his best WC results have been in Antholz-Anterselva. He has won 5 of his 12 WC victories there. 

There are also some news about Erik Lesser. Lesser will be part of the German team for the upcoming World Cup in Pokljuka. This will be his last chance to convince the German coaches to select him for the World Championships. 

https://www.sportschau.de/wintersport/biathlon/wm-aus-fuer-schempp-lesser-hofft-100.html

(This may be in the wrong thread, but there are something related to the World cup)

Too bad for Schempp and Lesser their decline came when Kühn and Nawrath made big steps. Pretty much impossible for them now to get back in the main team..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The German squad sure has changed.  Imagine two years ago a German team without Schemp, Lesser and the golden girl.  Crazy how quick fortunes can change.

I wonder his rested Boe will be when he comes back.  He was that much quicker when he was tired.  That is unless he is staying up to help with the baby. 

39 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

The German squad sure has changed.  Imagine two years ago a German team without Schemp, Lesser and the golden girl.  Crazy how quick fortunes can change.

I wonder his rested Boe will be when he comes back.  He was that much quicker when he was tired.  That is unless he is staying up to help with the baby. 

The golden girl was on TV though yesterday and looked happy :cheer: