website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

So the moment  that I saw Lithuania finish in 14th place , i thought that s got to be our best position in a relay ever and it turns out i was right,previously we placed 15th  a very long time ago,one in the 1992-1993 sesason ,and one in the 1994-1995 season.  Honestly all of them dealt with the pressure greatly , strolia was  apparently the 5th fastest among those in the second round, honestly perfect peak, just before the world championships.    

Edited by penthatlonfan

il y a une heure, heywoodu a dit :

Yes, that's a whole lot of big disappointments. Although especially this season losing seems like a shock when you've got half of the top-8 biathletes in the world in your team.

Yeah, I won't go that far, especially considering the best biathlete of the past two years is not french and that Jacquelin is still (a bit) of a wild card.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yeah, I won't go that far, especially considering the best biathlete of the past two years is not french and that Jacquelin is still (a bit) of a wild card.

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. With the current line-up and what they've been showing for a while, I personally just find it disappointing France hadn't won for so long. Good thing they finally did, it was very much about to happen any moment obviously.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Some teams are better than the sum of their parts. It's the joy of the relays :dunno:

I believe that much more in a 4x100m - where relay-specific things like handovers make a serious difference - than in something long like a biathlon or cross-country relay. Sure, pressure and all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I believe that much more in a 4x100m - where relay-specific things like handovers make a serious difference - than in something long like a biathlon or cross-country relay. Sure, pressure and all.

The spare rounds in biathlon can make a lot of difference too but that's old news. The men's Japanese 4x100 relays always profit from great baton exchanges.

CC relays are immune to outside influence unless someone has a really bad day in office or the waxing goes all wrong (hello, 2018 WOG).

FINALLY a win, after 3 years of drought (although any other result would have been disappointing), I didn't expect France to dominate the race like that :yikes: 

It was nice to see Austria on the podium!

Too bad for China, they were doing really well and completely collapsed at the end.

Yeah, I might be a little late, but I'll leave my two cents here :d

I am extremely happy what a groundbreaking season our men are having. Another one for the history books, a 14th place in a relay, our highest ever placement, with only 0+6 shooting. There were years where I thought that I wouldn't see the day such a thing could happen. 

Lithuania is now in 17th place in the Nation Cup and could start 4 men in World Cup, if they manage to hold onto it. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, mixed relays coming up and our women will do everything in their 'power' to not make our dreams a reality.

Edited by Werloc