website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Good relay.  Lots of changes in the lead.    Germany in relay for a good portion of the race and kept the fans really enthused.  

Does anyone know where a list of the Class A and Class B venues is?

You can't really find any list AFAIK but there are the usual World Cup suspects that are automatically 'A' listed. Raubichi and Otepaa have been granted the 'A' license as they will host World Cup races in the Olympic season (I assume they are long-term replacements for the banned Russian vanues in Khanty-Mansiysk & Tyumen). The only IBU 'A' licence venue that is unlikely to host any World Cup races soon in Lenzerheide but they are more focused on the alpine skiing anyway.

So the way I see it the 'A' list is:

Ostersund

Hochfilzen

Le Grand Bornand

Oberhof

Ruhpolding

Pokljuka

Anterselva

Oslo-Holmenkollen

Kontiolahti

Nove Mesto

Canmore

Presque Isle

Soldier Hollow

Pyeongchang

Minsk-Raubichi

Otepaa

Lenzerheide

Thank you so much.  I wonder here and n the US if Fort Kent still has an A.  Lake Placid and Valcartier in Canada might as well.  I would assume that Jericho, Bozeman, West Yellowstone, and Auburn, Can have a B.  There are a few note that if there is a C, they would have that.  Canada has around a dozen or so that host local to national events.

I wonder if Nagano has kept their venue up?  Also Beijing, (I forgot the actual name) would need to be A when it is finished.  

I appreciate the list a lot.

Lenzerheide definitely should get a World Cup though, at least a good shot at it. Facilities are excellent, it's (relatively, for a biathlon venue) easy to reach.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And doesn't Beijing have an A license? Or just not yet? Since they're getting a World Cup in the pre-Olympic season (and well, the Olympics :p ).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Thank you so much.  I wonder here and n the US if Fort Kent still has an A.  Lake Placid and Valcartier in Canada might as well.  I would assume that Jericho, Bozeman, West Yellowstone, and Auburn, Can have a B.  There are a few note that if there is a C, they would have that.  Canada has around a dozen or so that host local to national events.

I wonder if Nagano has kept their venue up?  Also Beijing, (I forgot the actual name) would need to be A when it is finished.  

I appreciate the list a lot.

Sapporo could have an A. They hosted the 2017 Asian Winter Games, and the venue was meh, so I’m not sure. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Korea leading a World Cup biathlon relay, now there's a rare sight.

Crazy Chinese is doing well again :d