website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

What a shame, we nearly had a historical competition for Lithuania, where all three athletes would have made the pursuit.

Unfortunately, Kaukėnas will fall down to 61st :(

But, it is great that this is the second sprint and it is points again for Lithuania with Vytautas Strolia finishing 31st, exactly where Tomas finished in Ostersund.

Karol Dombrovski really dug deep to finish 53rd with two mistakes even. This is the man that struggled to get into top 60 when he shot 0+0.

A very honourable mention also goes to Natalija Kočergina for the 43rd in the women's sprint.

THAT IS THREE WHOLE LITHUANIANS IN THE PURSUITS FOR THE WEEKEND :bowdown:

Edited by Werloc

21 minutes ago, Werloc said:

What a shame, we nearly had a historical competition for Lithuania, where all three athletes would have made the pursuit.

Unfortunately, Kaukėnas will fall down to 61st :(

But, it is great that this is the second sprint and it is points again for Lithuania with Vytautas Strolia finishing 31st, exactly where Tomas finished in Ostersund.

Karol Dombrovski really dug deep to finish 53rd with two mistakes even. This is the man that struggled to get into top 60 when he shot 0+0.

A very honourable mention also goes to Natalija Kočergina for the 43rd in the women's sprint.

THAT IS THREE WHOLE LITHUANIANS IN THE PURSUITS FOR THE WEEKEND :bowdown:

Yeah this was a great competition for us, I was just saddened when i realized that Tomas would just miss top 60, also kočergina s result was just out of nowhere for me. looks like the pursuit is gonna be really interesting. 

Not the best day for the US at all.  Only two from both team qualify for the pursuit.   I would love a top 10 for the women tomorrow, if Doherty and Nordgren can move up a few spots each, they could each earn some well needed points for the season.

Wierer is on amazing form.  Great speed.

Edited by RobtheAggie

16 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Second sprint win for Dorothea Wierer! :cheer:

@hckosice  implied Fialkova's injury was kinda serious but guess it wasn't? Maybe it's time to return to the old avatar? :raspberry:

Well, it´s a knee injury, obviously she is suffering a lot, today was something heroic from her, but I am affraid it will be payed quite costly (maybe not this weekend, but until the end of the very long season for sure) hopefully not, but I am affraid that yes.

However she is very brave and courageous. she said " I went to the race with the fact that I had to forget that knee, because I'm here for something else. That if It will hurt a little, I can't notice it in the race, and so it was."

more here https://www.biatlon-info.sk/spravodajstvo/svetovy-pohar/1061-hochfilzen-paulina-fialkova-sa-vratila-vo-velkom-style-stvrtou-prieckou-ivona-31

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Well, it´s a knee injury, obviously she is suffering a lot, today was something heroic from her, but I am affraid it will be payed quite costly (maybe not this weekend, but until the end of the very long season for sure) hopefully not, but I am affraid that yes.

Or the next 10 seasons.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!