website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

I remember a few years back Canada allowed themselves to fall out of the top 20 through coaches not paying attention.  As a result they could only send one athlete per sex to the Vancouver Olympics!  :nopompom:

That was only for the men. And they were allowed to have a relay, so it seems quite weird.

#banbestmen

I wonder how the WADA decision will affect this weeks races and the IBU in general.  

"https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/12/09/russia-ban-sports-doping-wada/

"“Will Russian athletes be accepted as Olympic Athletes from Russia?” during the ban, Taylor said. “No, they are neutral athletes, which means not representatives of any country. Not representatives of Russia.”

21 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

IBU World Cup at Hochfilzen

13 Dec 

Sprint

14 Dec

Relay - Women, Men Pursuit

15 Dec

Relay - Men, Women Pursuit

I love Hochfilzen.  One of my favorite venues.

Team Australia: making her World Cup debut, Jill Colebourn :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So a really funny google translated article about the Swiss women's relay team.

Best line - "The youngest in the family trio, Aita, is a purposeful, serious sheepfighter and is very busy in training."

Two interesting articles about the Russia situation.  

The first is the Moscow Times, an anti-Putin newspaper -   

Alexander Tikhonov, four-time Olympic biathlon champion:

“We got what we deserved. We have so many former athletes in the State Duma, couldn’t they sort out this mess? I am with WADA on this one.”

The second is Sebastian Samuelsson, someone who has been very vocal against doping had some harsh words to say.  

It's strange that you make a difference between a championship and a World Cup and it becomes strange that active ones that you don't think are clean enough to compete in a championship will compete in the World Cup, says Samuelsson.

aaaand no W relay for us in Hochfilzen...

Terézia Poliaková did not travel to Hochfilzen at the beginning of the week due to illness. :(

The doctor prescribed her antibiotics. so this Saturday Slovakia will not field a relay again and will compete in the sprint only with three starters both Fialková sisters (still not 100% sure for Pauliana) and the young Veronika Machyniaková in her desperate attempt to save the world cup quota also for next trimester.

10 hours ago, hckosice said:

aaaand no W relay for us in Hochfilzen...

Terézia Poliaková did not travel to Hochfilzen at the beginning of the week due to illness. :(

The doctor prescribed her antibiotics. so this Saturday Slovakia will not field a relay again and will compete in the sprint only with three starters both Fialková sisters (still not 100% sure for Pauliana) and the young Veronika Machyniaková in her desperate attempt to save the world cup quota also for next trimester.

As a person that supports a country that had a women's team 1 and a half years ago, I still remember the day when we started with our final women's relay, so I know how you're feeling :(

And we're go in Hochfilzen :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Excellent start for P Fialkova :) 

I think Machyniakova is just going to miss out on the pursuit, but still, excellent race!