website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Paja will continue the season, because...well, she must ! we can not afford to lose any other points in the Nations cup

so even with a knee injury that will seriously limit her in the skiing direction changes but mainly in the prone shooting, she will try to limit the damages for our biathlon

No one said it directly, but we all know that this is the reason

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Paja will continue the season, because...well, she must ! we can not afford to lose any other points in the Nations cup

so even with a knee injury that will seriously limit her in the skiing direction changes but mainly in the prone shooting, she will try to limit the damages for our biathlon

No one said it directly, but we all know that this is the reason

Oh shit, that's not good at all. Potentially even worse for Slovakian biathlon than her sitting out the season, because this is exactly what makes injuries (much!) worse..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Oh shit, that's not good at all. Potentially even worse for Slovakian biathlon than her sitting out the season, because this is exactly what makes injuries (much!) worse..

well, not fielding a relay in Hochfilzen would the funeral of our womens biathlon. thats why she will (want ?) (was forced ?) compete

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, not fielding a relay in Hochfilzen would the funeral of our womens biathlon. thats why she will (want ?) (was forced ?) compete

Do they get points if they're lapped or something? At least put her in 4th position, maybe she won't have to actually compete and force her injury into something worse then...and if she does, I hope she takes it very slow. I want to see more great things of Fialkova, this isn't helping that :( 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Do they get points if they're lapped or something? At least put her in 4th position, maybe she won't have to actually compete and force her injury into something worse then...and if she does, I hope she takes it very slow. I want to see more great things of Fialkova, this isn't helping that :( 

I was thinking the same thing.  Have he on the team, but not needed to compete.  As a coach of a few sports, one of the most damaging things an athlete can do is play though an injury or return too early.  

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Have he on the team, but not needed to compete.  As a coach of a few sports, one of the most damaging things an athlete can do is play though an injury or return too early.  

I get Slovakian women's biathlon sadly is in a really, really problematic situation and I very much hope there will be light at the end of the tunnel...but damn.

Edited by heywoodu

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes ofc, this is the reason.

For example if 23 countries will compete in the Sunday relay, Only for starting the relay you´ll get 90 points for 23rd place. 120 for 20th place.

Another zero like in Ostersund would be mortal, we will fall too deep in the ranking and will even fight for 2 quotas for next season world cup

Does the IBU ever give waivers for injury?  I find it hard to imagine that if Kaisa Mäkäräinen went out injured, they would not make an exception.  Maybe I am wrong though.  When she retires, Finland will be in a world of hurts.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

It was interesting how he did not really even attempt to chase down JTB.  

It was strange because he had already beaten him in a couple of races this last month. Just keeping his cards close to his chest, I suppose.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Yes ofc, this is the reason.

For example if 23 countries will compete in the Sunday relay, Only for starting the relay you´ll get 90 points for 23rd place. 120 for 20th place.

Another zero like in Ostersund would be mortal, we will fall too deep in the ranking and will even fight for 2 quotas for next season world cup

I remember a few years back Canada allowed themselves to fall out of the top 20 through coaches not paying attention.  As a result they could only send one athlete per sex to the Vancouver Olympics!  :nopompom: