website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

46 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Americans are like the last nation I'd suspect of knowing the difference between Slovenia & Slovakia :raspberry:

Unfortunately this is largely true. Jokes aside, I’m largely in the minority that can locate more than 5 countries on a world map, or even name more than 10-15 (and know the difference between states and countries, and not call Africa a country)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unfortunately this is largely true. Jokes aside, I’m largely in the minority that can locate more than 5 countries on a world map, or even name more than 10-15 (and know the difference between states and countries, and not call Africa a country)

These movies always makes me laugh. Woman pointing at Bolivia and asking "Is this South Africa?" takes the cake every time :lol:

11 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Do you have a word with only Slovak letters (I mean diacrits). We do:  żółć (that yellow liquid from liver).

That is bile in English.  Bile or bilious also means bad-tempered.

Edited by Grassmarket

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

As a History professor, students in my class need to be able to locate every country in the world.  No if they retain that, I have no idea.  But for just a moment in their lives, they should know the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia.

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Nope, Egan has a higher upside than Dunklee.  I agree with you.  Give her some more time.

Also it's not controversial. At all.

Egan is 32 years old, which is why I doubt she'll prove to be significantly better than Dunklee. There's not a lot of time to improve.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Egan is 32 years old, which is why I doubt she'll prove to be significantly better than Dunklee. There's not a lot of time to improve.

From what I understand both Dunklee and Egan are done after the next Olympics.  I am glad that the US finally has three decent to good female biathletes.  You have to go back a long time before you find this again.  Too bad the relay is 4 women     :(.