website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Just one scene from one movie: "How did I start the WWII"

do you have a sentence in Polish with no vowel? :lol:

because we have. Stick a finger through the throat is in CZ and SK languages "Strč prst skrz krk" obviously you read every letter  :phttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strč_prst_skrz_krk

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

do you have a sentence in Polish with no vowel? :lol:

because we have. Stick a finger through the throat is in CZ and SK languages "Strč prst skrz krk" obviously you read every letter  :phttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strč_prst_skrz_krk

Do you have a word with only Slovak letters (I mean diacrits). We do:  żółć (that yellow liquid from liver).

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

US are going with Doherty and Dunklee in the Single Mixed, arguably their strongest two.

Mixed will be Egan - Reid - Nordgren - Howe - First two are solid, Nordgren can be decent, Howe is a wildcard.  If they were to crack the top 15 with this line-up, I would be ecstatic!

By the way, Forucade and J T Boe will anchor their teams in the Mixed.  Should be great fun!

26 teams in the single mixed with Croatia the only one not in the mixed.

Controversial opinion: Egan is better than Dunklee (or at least she will prove to be). I think Dunklee is definitely the more consistent of the two (when it comes to good performances), but I think Egan can place higher when she’s on her game. Reid isn’t too terrible either. The guys kill us right now, but they’re young (or at least the looked young when I saw them in Salt Lake). Big fan of Egan’s mom. Very passionate supporter of daughter.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

You will have to go a long way to beat Canadian Skeleton slider Dave Greszczyszyn, which I believe is a Ukrainian name transliterated into Polish and then adopted into English.

And don’t start me with Gaelic names. My cousin’s daughter is Caoimhe......

.....it’s pronounced Kiva.  Only the i is pronounced as it would be in any other language.

Polish, Irish, Finish, Ukrainian. The whiter they get, the harder the names are to pronounce :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

"Strč prst skrz krk"

No. Those aren’t words. I refuse to accept this as fact. Obviously a well planned Slovene conspiracy ?

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

No. Those aren’t words. I refuse to accept this as fact. Obviously a well planned Slovene conspiracy ?

You meant a Slovakian conspiracy? :lol:  

Speaking of Slovakians, I see Poliakova hasn't retired after all and her social media is public again? Guess without Kuzmina the relays won't be much of a fun anymore?

Edited by Monzanator

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Guess without Kuzmina the relays won't be much of a fun anymore?

I said it already last season, If Kuzmina retire, that would probably mean the end of our relay. We will field a relay in Ostersund, with a goal to not be lapped.

But, since Veronika Machyniakova will hardly miraculously achieve the required points she will not be able to start in the next trimester, which would obviously meant no relay by default. since only 3 girls will remains in the team.

For long years the W relay was doing much much better than the M one, from now it will change

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

You meant a Slovakian conspiracy? :lol:

It’s the same isn’t :p