website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Actually not, from what I remember her last wins they always played the whole 2 parts of the anthem, sadly the last time that the correct version was played was in Zagreb.

In Flachau they messed it totally playing only the 2nd part lol and today in sestriere they played only the first part..which is actually considered as a faux-pas, since our national anthem is composed of the 2 parts..

but yeah, let it be, I can live with that, Petra won (ex-aequo with Brignone this time) and that´s what matters, the 2020 winning streak is still on, 3 races this year - 3 wins

Sometimes the shorter versions are in use and the organizers don't even realize they made a protocol mistake. For instance the Polish anthem has the chorus repeated twice but over the years I've heard a ton of versions where it was only repeated once. Hell, I saw our athletes surprised that someone actually played the longer one, it's actually the lesser used version even though officially it's the correct one.

you're lucky...the Italian Anthem is never played in the full version...

you can either listen to the short summary (first stanza + refrain) or the long summary (first stanza + refrain + sixth and last stanza + refrain once again)...

but there's no way they're going to play the entire Anthem (which consists of 6 stanza with the refrain in the middle of any of them and as the "gran finale")...

p.s. and there's no way that any Italian knows the Anthem in full...normally they teach only the "long summary" (1st and 6th stanza + refrain) even at school (when they teach it, because it's not mandatory and many teachers don't want their students to learn it because they believe it's a political thing connected to the righties :facepalm::wall:)...

and people are still trying to understand why Italy is just a "mere geographical expression" (cit. Prince Klemens von Metternich, Congress of Vienna, 1814/1815) and a bunch of selfish idiots living in the same area and not a Country with the Capital "C" and there's no way to put the Italians all together to make an effort to improve the critical situations in the whole Nation...:nopompom:

Edited by phelps

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

you can either listen to the short version (first stanza + refrain) or the long version (first stanza + refrain + sixth and last stanza + refrain once again)...

but there's no way they're going to play the entire Anthem (which consists of 6 stanza with the refrain in the middle of any of them and as the "gran finale")...

p.s. and there's no way that any Italian knows the Anthem in full...normally they teach only the "long summary" (1st and 6th stanza + refrain) even at school (when they teach it, because it's not mandatory and many teachers don't want their students to learn it because they believe it's a political thing connected to the righties :facepalm::wall:)...

and people are still trying to understand why Italy is just a "mere geographical expression" (cit. Prince Klemens von Metternich, Congress of Vienna, 1814/1815) and a bunch of selfish idiots living in the same area and not a Country with the Capital "C" and there's no way to put the Italians all together to make an effort to improve the critical situations in the whole Nation...:nopompom:

Well, the ultra-official version of the Polish anthem has two stanzas + two choruses. It's only played during national days and some political occassions. The entire anthem has 6 stanzas but most people remotely remember the third one and hardly anyone even knows the last three that are never played in public. Actually the two stanza version anthem has been played during some sporting events but it's rare indeed. Most organizers play the short one stanza version.

The ultra-official version has been used during 2018 World Cup for instance - first stanza, chorus #2, second stanza (from 0:54) and chorus x2. This is the longest version of the Polish anthem you will ever hear in public :p Due to the somewhat fast up-tempo tune (which is actually also correct!) this version is less than 80 seconds.

well, the Slovak National Anthem (the official part used for representation and official acts) has two verses and lasts 1 minute. So it really doesn't require any torture to play it on the whole.

But, yeah, I guess we should probably be glad even for that one verse, because sometimes here and there for some reason  they play us the Slovenian anthem ... and sometimes in it´s integrality :p

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, the Slovak National Anthem (the official part used for representation and official acts) has two verses and lasts 1 minute. So it really doesn't require any torture to play it on the whole.

But, yeah, I guess we should probably be glad even for that one verse, because sometimes here and there for some reason  they play us the Slovenian anthem ... and sometimes in it´s integrality :p

Oh well, the Dutch anthem has a boatload of verses, but generally one is supposed to be played and that's more than enough...even so, I've seen plenty of sports events where it was just cut off halfway through the only verse they were supposed to play :whistle: 

It's like you'd play the French anthem and go like:

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
le jour de gloire est arrivé!
Contre nous de la tyrannie
L'étendard sanglant est levé.
L'étendard sanglant est levé:
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons.
Marchons! Mar.......
and fade away.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, phelps said:

you can either listen to the short summary (first stanza + refrain) or the long summary (first stanza + refrain + sixth and last stanza + refrain once again)...

I remember that I studied all the anthem at school :p Btw, i think that few peoples know the full anthem..

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I remember that I studied all the anthem at school :p Btw, i think that few peoples know the full anthem..

Btw, it's funny, there is a reference to Poland in the Italian anthem and there's obviously a reference to Italy in the Polish anthem :p

49 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, it's funny, there is a reference to Poland in the Italian anthem and there's obviously a reference to Italy in the Polish anthem :p

I really like the Polish hymn, i discovered it few years ago and i learned it a bit in Polish :p Btw yes, it's a bit strange :p

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I really like the Polish hymn, i discovered it few years ago and i learned it a bit in Polish :p Btw yes, it's a bit strange :p

Well, the Polish anthem's lyrics were written in 1797 in Reggio Emilia so it's obvious Italy has a prominent place in the lyrics :p Even though that part of Italy was under French rule back then ;)