website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

That's the thing, you view this from European perspective. For Americans filming your opponents to gain an advantage IS a big deal. It's not about Magoni or Vlhova but about the actual process so they won't shut up. They came in hard on MLB and NFL-title winning teams so you think they will shut up over Magoni? Not a chance IMO.

and for us building the track deliberately just against one opponent is more shameful. I don´t believe in coincidences, the second run in Flacahau was bizarre, placing that particular changing direction gate just right on the place where Petra fell out 2 years ago is sorry, but no a coincicdence. period.

He did not set a track to help his skier, this was clearly the worst slalom run of Mikaela I saw since PyeongChang, one can really easily start to think that he set this run just to make sure Petra does not succeed, and this IS for us a much bigger deal than filming someone training on the same slope.

and why we would have be terrified because Americans dislike something ? who they are to say us what we can do and what we can not, because this is evil evil in USA ? I don´t buy your arguments in this case, if it was me they are accusing of I would film them again and again just because.

and anyway as I wrote, I am starting to be really annoyed and pissed about this whole bullshit. I turn the page, you have your true and I am really not thy type of guy to forcibly pushing my opinions to others and arguing endlessly around one crap.

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and for us building the track deliberately just against one opponent is more shameful. I don´t believe in coincidences, the second run in Flacahau was bizarre, placing that particular changing direction gate just right on the place where Petra fell out 2 years ago is sorry, but no a coincicdence. period.

He did not set a track to help his skier, this was clearly the worst slalom run of Mikaela I saw since PyeongChang, one can really easily start to think that he set this run just to make sure Petra does not succeed, and this IS for us a much bigger deal than filming someone training on the same slope.

and why we would have be terrified because Americans dislike something ? who they are to say us what we can do and what we can not, because this is evil evil in USA ? I don´t buy your arguments in this case, if it was me they are accusing of I would film them again and again just because.

and anyway as I wrote, I am starting to be really annoyed and pissed about this whole bullshit. I turn the page, you have your true and I am really not thy type of guy to forcibly pushing my opinions to others and arguing endlessly around one crap.

I see you're into the conspiracy theory full-time now.

Okay, this means every slalom that Vlhova loses from now on will be because those damn coaches want her to fail and deliberately set a pattern that doesn't suit her. You've got a good excuse whenever she loses now.

You're the one making all these phoney accusations and consipracy theories. I said from the start that no coach can influence his skier or some other skier by setting a specific pattern of gates. But you disagree and play to the conspiracy tune yet accuse me of spreading crap?

Who fucking cares where Vlhova crashed out 2 years ago? :lol: Shiffrin has enough slalom wins not to bother where Vlhova crashed out but nope, she needs a specific pattern of gates to make sure Vlhova crashes out again in the same place just to prove some looney Slovakian theory :p

But seriously, women's slalom was deemed too boring and so the two main camps set out to come up with some complete nonsense bullshit to make it seem like there's a scandal so people will go back to paying attention to the slalom? :p 

Team Shiffrin: "OMG they filmed us!"

Big whoop, it's public space so shut it.

Team Vlhova: "OMG they set a course just against us!"

No they didn't, not all decisions are made with you in mind.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But seriously, women's slalom was deemed too boring and so the two main camps set out to come up with some complete nonsense bullshit to make it seem like there's a scandal so people will go back to paying attention to the slalom? :p 

Team Shiffrin: "OMG they filmed us!"

Big whoop, it's public space so shut it.

Team Vlhova: "OMG they set a course just against us!"

No they didn't, not all decisions are made with you in mind.

To be fair, Magoni first admitted filming Shiffrin, and then denied it and claimed it must be conspiracy theories. That's just weird. :p

As far as I can gather, Shiffrin's team hasn't been that inconsistent with their claims?

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

To be fair, Magoni first admitted filming Shiffrin, and then denied it and claimed it must be conspiracy theories. That's just weird. :p

No argument there mate :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Women's slalom simply needs a new winner. Just anyone! Can't trust Holdener though so I have no idea who's gonna be the next winner not named Shiffrin or Vlhova.

Fact is, if Vlhova wants to even think about the overall challenge, she needs to add some SG and DH starts. Shiffrin is no Vonn with regular 5-6 DNFs across the season.

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I see you're into the conspiracy theory full-time now.

Okay, this means every slalom that Vlhova loses from now on will be because those damn coaches want her to fail and deliberately set a pattern that doesn't suit her. You've got a good excuse whenever she loses now.

You're the one making all these phoney accusations and consipracy theories. I said from the start that no coach can influence his skier or some other skier by setting a specific pattern of gates. But you disagree and play to the conspiracy tune yet accuse me of spreading crap?

Who fucking cares where Vlhova crashed out 2 years ago? :lol: Shiffrin has enough slalom wins not to bother where Vlhova crashed out but nope, she needs a specific pattern of gates to make sure Vlhova crashes out again in the same place just to prove some looney Slovakian theory :p

I doubt Petra will use this kind of excuses, I mean, dude, she already lost, what, some million of races and I never heard she said it was because of how the track was buld. In the opposite she usually claimed "Mikaela was too strong" "Mika was skiing really good" "I did a silly mistake" "I was not focused enough" "I don´t feel in perfect shape yet" etc...but never heard from her to say something about wrong waxing, not well prepared skis, how the track was build or bad snow, which you know the best, racing in warm temperatures is her weakest weapon. but still never made excuses because of this, so I think you should not be worried about that, she don´t search for stupid excuses, that´s just not her style, at least from what I know her. This was the first time she said something about the track and it was just after journalist asked her about the topic,but still she did not accused anyone just said "The 2nd run track was obviously harder and was not favorable for me so that´s why I didn´t feel comfortable and logically lost a lot of time" no accusation, just forced statement, I mean, things every skier said at least once

It was Magoni who was directly accusing. I agree the guy has a how to say "special character" and I admit he use some "strange methodes" but still, untill his methodes will be legal, who is legitimate to blame him

This war is clearly only between the coaches, and the medias used or are trying the occasion to put more fuel on it than it really is necessary, the athletes in other side are certainly not the best friends but are respecting themselves (both climing that) and that´s what matters

Anyway, once again I am really annoyed about this topic and I realy want to stop wasting my time in this, I even feel like I have to appologize to all who had to read two pages full of trash topic that belong rather for a cheep tabloid than in a serious sport forum we want to have.

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

I doubt Petra will use this kind of excuses, I mean, dude, she already lost, what, some million of races and I never heard she said it was because of how the track was buld. In the opposite she usually claimed "Mikaela was too strong" "Mika was skiing really good" "I did a silly mistake" "I was not focused enough" "I don´t feel in perfect shape yet" etc...but never heard from her to say something about wrong waxing, not well prepared skis, how the track was build or bad snow, which you know the best, racing in warm temperatures is her weakest weapon. but still never made excuses because of this, so I think you should not be worried about that, she don´t search for stupid excuses, that´s just not her style, at least from what I know her. This was the first time she said something about the track and it was just after journalist asked her about the topic,but still she did not accused anyone just said "The 2nd run track was obviously harder and was not favorable for me so that´s why I didn´t feel comfortable and logically lost a lot of time" no accusation, just forced statement, I mean, things every skier said at least once

It was Magoni who was directly accusing. I agree the guy has a how to say "special character" and I admit he use some "strange methodes" but still, untill his methodes will be legal, who is legitimate to blame him

This war is clearly only between the coaches, and the medias used or are trying the occasion to put more fuel on it than it really is necessary, the athletes in other side are certainly not the best friends but are respecting themselves (both climing that) and that´s what matters

Anyway, once again I am really annoyed about this topic and I realy want to stop wasting my time in this, I even feel like I have to appologize to all who had to read two pages full of trash topic that belong rather for a cheep tabloid than in a serious sport forum we want to have.

Well, you posted the Slovakian media version first so if you want to blame anyone for wasting time it's actually you and nobody else :p  

One thing that has come out of it is that Livio Magoni is definitely a liar and shouldn't be trusted anymore. I don't blame him for his methods, I blame him for being a liar, period :bye: