website statistics

Women's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2019

bestmen

What a total shambles of a tournament...... It is completely loosing any justification for being a sport and becoming a traversity ..... 

Just watch IND vs CHN in the second bout in B Ring today ( day 3 Ring B around the 1 hr mark .... The CHN was barely able to get a blow in, she looked absolutely awful and was penalised for excessively holding., was knocked down ... Then they gave it 3-2 to the Chinese...... The scores for India 30-27 , 30-27 ...... The points for CHN 28-28 , 28-28 28-28 but adv china..... I mean absolute crap....... I will continue watch only because AIBA is not going to be involved in the olympics

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I found out newspapers also are coming out saying the bout I mentioned above was fixed.......... 

Normally the newspapers toe the AIBA 

Line as I guess they do not want to lose some privilege..... But in this case I think they found it too much........ This is what they said ....... 

"1Earlier, Phogat was clearly superior and kept her composure against an opponent, who hardly showed any technique. Flinging her arms aimlessly, defending awkwardly and grunting relentlessly, Jieru even coped a warning for excessive holding.

But in a stunning call, the judges gave her the nod, leaving the Indian dejected. Phogat was competing in her debut world championship.

The Indian contingent officially protested against the decision as per the new norms introduced by the International Boxing Association (AIBA) to ensure better judging. However, their appeal was turned down by the technical committee.

According to the rules, teams are entitled to two unsuccessful protests. The coaches are required to raise a yellow card within a minute of the bout getting over and follow it up by paying USD 1000 within half an hour to seek a review of any decision.

The technical committee has the discretion to accept or reject a protest but once it chooses to accept, a decision is made only at the end of the day's session."          

I think AIBA will never learn........ 

You need to see the bout to laugh at the decision 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

17 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

According to the rules, teams are entitled to two unsuccessful protests. The coaches are required to raise a yellow card within a minute of the bout getting over and follow it up by paying USD 1000 within half an hour to seek a review of any decision.

The technical committee has the discretion to accept or reject a protest but once it chooses to accept, a decision is made only at the end of the day's session."          

Good way to earn money by a federation in debt. They can deliberately judge poorly and force the victim party to deposit $1000 to lodge a protest

21 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Good way to earn money by a federation in debt. They can deliberately judge poorly and force the victim party to deposit $1000 to lodge a protest

Completely faltu body......q

Just now, TomJa said:

Well, it's OaSport (former Olimpiazzurra)... Not the best Italian sport site :p