Gold: :RUS Zenfira Magomedalieva
Silver: :TUR Elif Guneri
Bronze: :CHN Wang Lina & :VIE Nguyen Thi Huong

+81kg
Gold: :USA Danielle Perkins
Silver: :CHN Yang Xiaoli
Bronze: :KAZ Dina Islambekova & :BLR Katsiaryna Kavaleva

* = Olympic Classes

** = :NED Fontijn actually won the Gold Medal bout, but the result was appealed by :WAL Wales and finally it was overturned, gifting the :WAL Welsh team of the Gold Medal and relegating the :NED Netherlands to the Silver Medal position...

p.s. just for the memories, the original judges of the :WAL Price vs :NED Fontijn bout were from :PHI Philippines, :BLR Belarus, :PRK North Korea, :CHN China and :SRI Sri Lanka...

Edited by phelps

not to mention that :RUS Russia obviously won quite easily the final Medal Table with 3 Gold Medals (and more side dish)...

they were followed by 7 different Nations with "only" 1 Gold Medal each, among which :CHN China (3 Silver medals and 1 Bronze) and :TUR Turkey (2 Silver medals) were the most successful in terms of "minor" medal placings...

and finally comes the big surprise!

:WAL Price's appeal has been accepted and the final outcome in the -75kg class has been overturned!!! :yikes:

so, in the end, Gold Medal for :WAL Wales...and :NED Fontijn (and the whole Dutch delegation) refused to take part into the victory ceremony!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

sanctions incoming for the :NED Netherlands and Fontijn, I fear...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

Boxing is terribly ill ... what the fuck Fontijn lost her gold medal during the medal ceremony. Looks like Wales offered a lot of money to one of the judges.

And indeed, sanctions incoming for Fontijn. Maybe she will be excluded from the Olympic Games. Career end. :(

Just now, CCB said:

Boxing is terribly ill ... what the fuck Fontijn lost her gold medal during the medal ceremony. Looks like Wales offered a lot of money to one of the judges.

And indeed, sanctions incoming for Fontijn. Maybe she will be excluded from the Olympic Games. Career end. :(

I do not think you need to worry about that as AIBA is not involved with the qualifiers

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Zojuist, nitinsanker zei:

I do not think you need to worry about that as AIBA is not involved with the qualifiers

Hopefully her behaviour won't affect her Olympic chances. In boxing you can't trust anybody ... even when you're 30 seconds from receiving a gold medal, you can become sewn.

Moreover, her behaviour (not want to receive a silver medal) was very understandable ...

Just now, CCB said:

Hopefully her behaviour won't affect her Olympic chances. In boxing you can't trust anybody ... even when you're 30 seconds from receiving a gold medal, you can become sewn.

Moreover, her behaviour (not want to receive a silver medal) was very understandable ...

but the IOC having discredited   AIBA and having their own qualifiers ......... AIBA can at best say that she cannot participate in further AIBA world championships  but will not have any voice in the olympic qualifiers ........ which why Netherlands probably felt they could afford to do this  

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

but the IOC having discredited   AIBA and having their own qualifiers ......... AIBA can at best say that she cannot participate in further AIBA world championships  but will not have any voice in the olympic qualifiers ........ which why Netherlands probably felt they could afford to do this  

I hope it's like you wrote...but I fear that disciplinary sanctions would stay also under the IOC governed quali and actual Olympic Tournament...:mumble:

we'll see...

frankly, I didn't want to write anything about the match itself because it's obvious that I'm biased (it's always a plot against Italy :whistle: also when we're not involved at all :yikes::rofl::facepalm:), but c'mon! for what reason the Welsh team felt that they had to appeal that verdict?

Fontijn dominated the bout from start to finish, Price was only launching herself against the Dutch girls and hold for the entire match and she landed only 1 clean shot in the whole fight (in the last 15 seconds of the 3rd round) and already the judges came out with a close 3-2 score for Fontijn...

and still they found the way to overturn that already crazy enough result in an absolute scandal...:cry::wall:

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

I hope it's like you wrote...but I fear that disciplinary sanctions would stay also under the IOC governed quali and actual Olympic Tournament...:mumble:

we'll see...

frankly, I didn't want to write anything about the match itself because it's obvious that I'm biased (it's always a plot against Italy :whistle: also when we're not involved at all :yikes::rofl::facepalm:), but c'mon! for what reason the Welsh team felt that they had to appeal that verdict?

Fontijn dominated the bout from start to finish, Price was only launching herself against the Dutch girls and hold for the entire match and she landed only 1 clean shot in the whole fight (in the last 15 seconds of the 3rd round) and already the judges came out with a close 3-2 score for Fontijn...

and still they found the way to overturn that already crazy enough result in an absolute scandal...:cry::wall:

My logic is that AIBA is suspended....... Primarily because there was 1. rampant match fixing 2. Financial irregularities.... 

If there is a athelete protesting match fixing I think it only strengthen s IOC hand...... So i believe that they will not take any suspension into account...... I also believe the fact that the entire Dutch team stayed away is because they knew this..... They never work in such a concerted manner unless they were sure the team would not get suspended from olympics because of this