website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

Totallympics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2020

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, ofan said:

Wait, so can someone please explain to me why the US and Japan are playing in the qualification tournaments? This makes absolutely no sense to me

It's one of the medium-level nonsenses in the Olympic qualification systems. Are we not used to them? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vojthas said:

It's one of the medium-level nonsenses in the Olympic qualification systems. Are we not used to them? :p

 

Haha true. Well, this one is particularly idiotic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ofan said:

 

Haha true. Well, this one is particularly idiotic. 

Yes, FIBA seems to break the bank in this cycle. Still all those 3x3 absurds are much worse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vojthas said:

Yes, FIBA seems to break the bank in this cycle. Still all those 3x3 absurds are much worse.

 

Absolutely, I was just thinking that myself. They truly have made complete fools of themselves in this cycle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unexpectedly easy tournament and respectful game against USA (even with defeat). I'm surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ofan said:

Wait, so can someone please explain to me why the US and Japan are playing in the qualification tournaments? This makes absolutely no sense to me

The system was designed to give more meaningful International matches to all teams going to the Olympics in 2020. That’s why every teams, even Japan and the US, are participating in the final qualification tournament.

 

It’s somehow the most sensible of FIBA’s four qualification systems for these Olympics so I am not inclined to complain too much...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutos atrás, intoronto disse:

Can teams be drawn with teams from the same confederation?

Yes, because of the continental representation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Can teams be drawn with teams from the same confederation?

 

they wrote that they are going to set up "Geographically balanced groups"...

 

then, what does this mean, I don't know...:mumble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NearPup said:

The system was designed to give more meaningful International matches to all teams going to the Olympics in 2020. That’s why every teams, even Japan and the US, are participating in the final qualification tournament.

 

It’s somehow the most sensible of FIBA’s four qualification systems for these Olympics so I am not inclined to complain too much...

 

c'mon! the USA are playing these tournaments with 5th tier players (and still dominating), Japan are playing with their best team, but they are so poor that they don't need this kind of help to suddenly become a mid-rank placings contender (not to mention the medal candidates being on another planet)...

 

this qualification system is just a farce (the 3X3 B'Ball system instead is a pure cheat)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...