website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC Premier12 2019

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

If you knew the unbalance between professional salaries in Mexico and living cost in a big city like mine, you'll understand I prefer to skip this.

I live in California mate, I might have it worse :p

In all seriousness, it’s a shame that you’re underpaid for your work. I can tell that you put in a ton effort, and don’t get a lot back. I completely understand how that feels since my parents are teachers in the US. They’re unpaid by thousands.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 hours ago, phelps said:

game over...

:USA United States, 9 b. :NED Netherlands, 0

boxscore

https://premier12.wbsc.org/en/2019/schedule-and-results/box-score/3702

match highlights

full game replay

p.s. in Italy it's blocked, I hope in your Country (wherever it might be) it's not...

Edited by phelps

game #2 (play started after a 1h30min rain delay)...

:MEX Mexico, 6 b. :DOM Dominican Republic, 1

boxscore

https://premier12.wbsc.org/en/2019/schedule-and-results/box-score/3703

highlights

full game replay

p.s. this works also in Italy, so, I hope there are no problems also in the rest of the world...

:MEX has used the home advantage and it's the first team to advance to the Final Round of the tournament, one step closer to Tokyo 2020, which is great for the team.

Sadly, this will be used by our corrupt Chavist regime to further their dirty propaganda, as the idiot senile piece of crap we have as President has diverted 200 million pesos to pro baseball, cutting funding for amateur sports. Now he will brag he was right to do that.

since mister Fraccari is an idiot and all not-live broadcasts of the Premier 12 are blocked in Italy (according to WBSC, a company named Eleven Sports has the media rights, but they are not putting the games on their platform, which is in any case just unwatchable, so, it's like it never existed), I'm going to stop following the event...:redcard::bones::hairpull:

If I can't watch the games comfortably laying on my couch with the Youtube app on my TV screen at a reasonable time of the day, I won't watch them at all...:evil::whistle:

is this a strike? yes, I guess...:yikes:

p.s. if someone wants to take over and post results, boxescores and highlights is more than welcome...

6 hours ago, dcro said:

So Venezuela is having a total meltdown after leading 4:2.

what's new? :p

Venezuelans are well known to be big time chokers and a repeated waste of talent...

I've always been asking myself why a NT with their talent never won anything...and I'm pretty sure it's not because they don't care...I know they are very proud "nationalists" and they care a lot of their Country and Countrymen...:facepalm:

by the way, finally :JPN Japan won 8-4, meanwhile in the other match of the day in group B, :TPE Chinese Taipei proved too good for the already really disppointing team from :PUR Puertorico (they just can't hit...and their pitchers are not even close to major league level...2 runs scored and 15 given up in 3 games -the 2 warm-up meets vs KOR and today's outing in TPE- in the last 5 days): 6-1 the final score in favour of the Asians...

given :JPN Japan the edge over their rivals, tomorrow's clash between :TPE Chinese Taipei and :VEN Venezuela could prove already decisive for the qualification to the main round from group B (and surely means a lot also in terms of both the Asian and Panamerican Olympic qualification race)...

p.s. those who have the Youtube streams geo-blocked, can always try to watch the full games on this website...

https://www.gametime.sport/event/180

unfortunately, for those watching on-demand, the title of each video is a mega-spoiler itself...:facepalm::wall::thumbdown::hairpull::spank:

of course, those who watch the games live, don't have any problem of that kind...;):p

On 04/11/2019 at 11:08, phelps said:

is this a strike? yes, I guess...:yikes:

p.s. if someone wants to take over and post results, boxescores and highlights is more than welcome...

This didn't age well, as expected :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!